This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps to support this blog.
I originally wanted to take this project in a whole different direction, but even my husband was like “It’s going to be way too expensive for people to recreate.” Initially, I wanted to make the plant coaster you see here today, but turn it into a full on plant stand with copper pipes. So after a long, failed search for the copper cross I needed to pull this idea completely together, I settled.
While creating a plant stand out of copper pipes would have given me that cool, industrial look I love, I’m pretty satisfied with this plant coaster as it is. It combines two of my DIY loves – cement and marble – and you won’t believe how easy it is to make! Pour, stick, add a plant. Done!
- Marble contact paper
- Fast dry cement
- X-Acto knife
- Round mold or cake pan
- Follow instructions on the cement package to form your cement mixture. Mix cement mixture in a plastic container. Add a little bit of water at at time to the cement to achieve a paste-like consistency.
- Working quickly, pour cement into a round mold. Allow cement to dry and harden.
- When cement is completely solid, carefully pop it out of the mold.
- Next, use the top of the cement round to trace a circle on the back of the marble contact paper.
- Cut the circle out carefully using an X-Acto knife.
- Peel and stick the marble contact paper onto the cement round.
- Your new plant coaster is done! Now, go and get yourself a pretty plant to sit on top of it!
If you’re looking to add a little something-something more to either your indoor plants or outside on the deck, this is a super simple weekend DIY project that looks pretty darn chic!
Grab the supplies needed to make this project on Darby Smart. There’s only a few days left, but be sure to use code wv9juj25 at checkout to save 25% on this project and all of my Darby Smart projects! Discount ends on 5/30/16. Have a great Memorial Day weekend! I’ll see you in June!