This Apple Pecan Bread tastes like a little bit of fall in every bite and is a great way to use up some fresh apples from apple picking!
I’ve been on a crazy apple kick lately! Within the past few weeks, I have purchased at least four different kinds of apples from the store! I have to ask – since when is there such a diverse selection of apples available? If I’m not looking for a Granny Smith, Yellow Delicious, or Macintosh, I basically have to read all of the labels to decide what kind of apple I want.
One of the apples I recently bought was a SweeTango apple. Have you heard of them? They’re a cross between a Honey Crisp and Zestar apple (I had never even heard of the latter). Really good! Then, I had made a trip to one of the local farmer’s markets for some honey and ended up buying some sweet Fuji apples from them, as well!
For the most part, I’ve been enjoying my apples cut into slices with thin slices of cheddar cheese as a snack. But now that it’s cool enough to bake again, I whipped up an even better way to enjoy apples this time of year!
I decided to make an Apple Pecan Bread recipe with some of the Granny Smith apples I had on hand. I hadn’t made this recipe in years, but I made a loaf to share with my husband this week. I’m not big on sweets, but I could probably do a lot of damage to this apple bread by myself!
This bread is cinnamon-spiced with chopped Granny Smith apples and pecans. It’s a perfect treat to enjoy on a chilly fall day with a cup of tea! This is a moist, cake-like bread, but has a nice crunch from the chopped pecans. It tastes like a little bit of fall in every bite!
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together on low until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in chopped apples and nuts. Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out of the center of the loaf clean.
- Carefully remove bread from pan and cool on wire rack before serving.
PIN FOR LATER