If you’re all about avocados, you’re in luck this week! After sharing my Caprese Salad Stuffed Avocado recipe on Tuesday, I decided to share another avocado recipe today. Summer salads are some of my favorite, but those typical backyard barbecue salads and salads used in sandwiches are usually loaded with mayo. Not the lightest or healthiest choice!
Chicken salad is one of my favorites, but all of that mayo just kills it for me. So I was inspired to look up some chicken salad recipes made with avocado. Avocado is such a great substitute for mayonnaise. It’s adds just the right creaminess and is so much healthier!
It wasn’t long until I found myself adding the ingredients to make a bistro inspired chicken salad to my weekly shopping list! In addition to healthy avocado, this salad is also loaded with dried cranberries, scallions, and pecans, giving it a ton of flavor and a little crunch.
When rotisserie chickens go on sale at the grocery store, I usually pick one up for dinner. I usually have a ton of leftovers since there’s only two of us. All of that leftover shredded chicken is so good for a lot of different meals, but it’s great for chicken salad! So after picking up a rotisserie chicken this week for dinner, I decided to make this chicken salad for lunch during the week.
- 3 cups shredded white chicken meat
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup scallion greens, chopped
- 1 avocado, mashed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together shredded chicken and avocado.
- Add dried cranberries, pecans, and scallions. Mix well to combine.
- Season chicken salad with salt and pepper.
- Serve on a croissant, bread of your choice, or over salad greens.
This avocado chicken salad would be perfect to pack for a Summer picnic in the park! Or even just spending an afternoon poolside at home!
If you’re planning to make this Bistro Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe for your next picnic or just an easy weekday lunch, don’t forget to share it with the hashtag #livinglavidaeats and tag me @lavidaholoka! Enjoy!
This week we’re sharing PICNIC themed recipes and craft projects for Maker’s Mix-Up!
Here’s what we shared last week for our STAR theme!
- Star Spangled 4th of July Fruit Salad from Living La Vida Holoka
- Delicious Peach Mango Salsa with Star Chips from Hello Nature
- Patriotic Goodie Bag Garland from Dazzle While Frazzled