These DIY Cement XO Candle Holders will set your Valentine’s Day on fire!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps to support this blog.
I am so freaking excited to share this project today! If you follow me on Instagram, you already got a sneak peek. Last week, I discussed how I used to be afraid of using cement in my DIY projects. But now, I’m obsessed! This was one of those projects that I had created in my head, looked around to see if anyone else had done it, then went for it on my own. Fellow makers might know that projects don’t always turn out the way you want them to on the first try. So I was completely surprised when this project turned out exactly how I wanted it to!
With Valentine’s Day coming up, I wanted to make some new decor for the house. If a guy (aka my husband) really wanted to set the mood for me, all he’d really need to do is turn down the lights and light a few candles. There’s something pretty sexy and romantic about the flickering lights dancing across the wall. So I made some new candle holders with cool, industrial appeal and Valentine’s Day flair.
- Paper mache letter X
- Paper mache letter O
- 1 lb. fast dry cement
- Popsicle stick
- Copper tubing (2)
- Craft knife
- Carefully cut the top off of each paper mache letter with a craft knife. Discard any material in the middle of each letter.
- In a clean, plastic container, mix fast dry cement and water until a paste-like consistency is achieved.
- Pour cement into each letter and smooth surface with a popsicle stick. Gently place copper tubing into each letter.
- Allow cement to harden completely, then carefully peel away the rest of the paper mache letter.
- Place taper candles into each candle holder and enjoy your new Valentine’s Day decor.