This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps to support this blog.
I recently got into this whole planner craze. I have an EPIC BLOG editorial planner for my blog and another for my personal plans. Every Sunday, I spread my planners and pens out on the living room floor and plan my week ahead. Now there’s no excuse to keep organized during the week because it’s all written down!
One of the incentives to keeping a great planner is all of the cute stickers and embellishments that you can buy for them! I have a ton of stickers and fun, colorful paperclips to clip memos and notes to my pages. Last week I went to Target and took a look in their dollar bins. I found adorable clothespins decorated for Valentine’s Day and immediately thought I could make cute clothespin clips for my planners! So I dug through our basket of clothespins when I got home to find small clothespins that would work for my project.
I wasn’t exactly sure how I was going to decorate my clothespins at first. The ones from Target had rhinestones, “love” written on them, and a felt arrow end attached. I thought about the craft supplies I already had on hand and decided to burn words into one end of the clothespin. My wood burning pen was one of those things I wasn’t sure I needed at first, but I’m so glad I have it now! It’s come in handy to customize a lot of projects and gifts. And if you’re like me, you can never enough glitter! So I added copious amounts of glitter to the other end. It added the perfect amount of sparkle to these clips!
- Small clothespins (but not mini clothespins)
- Wood burning pen, or black marker pen
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- If using a wood burning pen, turn it on and heat it up. Decide what words you’re going to write on your clothespins and make sure that they’ll fit on your clothespin end.
- Carefully draw or burn your words onto the clothespin.
- Apply a coat of Mod Podge, using a foam brush, to the other end of the clothespin.
- Dip that end in glitter. Shake off any excess glitter and allow Mod Podge to dry completely.
- Use your clothespin clips to hang memos or notes in your planner!
If you’re stuck on words to write onto your clips, consider these:
- to do