Make every day a celebration with this sprinkle-filled DIY Birthday Cake Candle that smells like vanilla and looks like a party!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps to support this blog.
Tomorrow is my birthday and I made a new DIY project to celebrate! You can’t have a birthday without blowing out a candle or two, or even indulging in a slice of party cake – or two! This sprinkle-filled DIY Party Cake Candle smells like vanilla and looks like a celebration!
The candle is set in a pint-size mason jar (my favorite candle vessel of choice!). The soy candle is lightly scented with vanilla candle scent to give it a sweet, cake-like smell. Add some sprinkles to the inside and boom! Instant party!
- Pint-size mason jar
- Soy candle wax
- Soy wicks
- Glue dots
- Vanilla candle scent
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Bamboo skewers
- Light corn syrup, watered down
- Paint brush
- Secure a soy wick to the bottom of a mason jar using a Glue Dot.
- Measure a generous 2 cups of candle wax into a glass measuring cup. Melt the wax in the microwave for 60 seconds, then 30 second intervals until wax is completely melted. If using a double boiler, measure candle wax and pour into your candle pouring pot. Heat wax until it’s completely melted.
- Add candle scent (start with 10 drops at a time until desired fragrance strength is reached) to wax. Mix thoroughly with a bamboo skewer.
- Mix a little corn syrup and water together in a bowl. Brush the inside of the mason jar with the corn syrup mixture.
- Pour in sprinkles and roll the jar to coat all sides.
- Carefully pour the melted candle wax into the mason jar.
- Put your candle in the fridge and let it set just enough so the top is still melted a bit.
- Light your candle and party