This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps to support this blog.
Bloggers, do you ever find yourself stumped for new post ideas? This has been happening quite a bit to me lately. When this happens, I know it’s time to break out my notebook filled with ideas again. That’s what inspired me to make drink covers out of Perler Beads! I’ve seen cupcake liner hacks to keep bugs out of your drinks while you’re hanging outdoors. But I decided to use my Perler Beads to create something a little more durable that could easily be reused.
There’s nothing worse than enjoying a little time out on the deck only to look down and find a little bug swimming around in your nice, cold drink. All I really want to do during pleasant Summer evening is enjoy a nice drink (whether alcoholic or non-alcoholic) and not be bothered by little gnats buzzing around my glass. These Perler Bead drink covers should definitely do the trick to help prevent your drink from becoming an insect’s personal pool!
- Preheat an iron to medium heat.
- While the iron is heating up, create your citrus design on a round pegboard. Use yellow and orange to make an orange, green and yellow or green and white to make a lime, or even yellow and pink to make a grapefruit. Be creative!
- Cover the design with ironing paper and iron beads in a circular motion until they’ve fused together.
- Allow beads to cool, then remove the ironing paper, and flip design over.
- Cover again with ironing paper and fuse the beads on the other side together.
- Allow design to cool and use to cover your drinks and keep the bugs away.
Did you make your own drink covers? Share them with the hashtag #livinglavidadiy and tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER