Get the party started on the 4th of July with these fun and patriotic Let’s Get Lit 4th of July Wine Glasses made with the Cricut Joy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
The pandemic really put a damper on things like family gatherings. While I’m not the biggest fan of huge social events (introvert problems), I’ve really missed getting together with my parents and siblings. I’ve especially missed hanging out in my parents’ backyard with my mom and sisters. During the summer, you can usually find us on the deck with a drink in our hands and a lot to talk about!
Since we have reinstated hanging out in our parents’ backyard again, I wanted to make my mom, my sisters, and myself semi-matching insulated wine glasses. It felt kind of fitting to make them red, white, blue, and silver with the 4th of July coming up. So I had my mom and sisters each pick a color. Not only do we each get our own glass, it’s an easy way to designate them between the four of us.
I used my Cricut Joy to customize each glass with a fun patriotic design. The Cricut Joy is the smallest of Cricut’s cutting machines and was perfect for this project since I only needed to use small cuts of vinyl. Plus, when I’m using Smart Vinyl™, I don’t need to use a mat! That’s one less step I have to do while creating new craft projects!
How to Make “Let’s Get Lit” 4th of July Wine Glasses
I wanted to switch up the color patterns for each glass because I was also using red, white, blue, and silver vinyl in my design. I also changed the amount of stars in each design to make each glass feel slightly different.
Keeping with the patriotic theme, I created a cute “Let’s Get Lit” 4th of July firework design in Design Space. I used a “Let’s Get Lit” text image along with a fireworks image and a couple different stars to create my design.
I kept it pretty simple so it would be easy to change up the vinyl colors for all of the glasses.
I resized and duplicated the image (this is where I also switched around some of the stars) so I could change my color scheme for each glass. Then, I started cutting! I used a mix of Smart Vinyl™ and regular vinyl to create my designs so I did need to use a mat.
Once each color was cut, I weeded the design, arranged each image together, and used Transfer Tape to apply the design to each wine glass.
I think the glasses turned out pretty cute and I love that we all have semi-matching glasses now! I might even leave mine at my mom’s house so it’s there for me to use when we all get together!
- Wine tumbler
- Cricut Joy
- Red Cricut Joy™ Smart Vinyl™
- White Cricut Joy™ Smart Vinyl™
- Blue Cricut Joy™ Smart Vinyl™
- Silver Cricut Joy™ Smart Vinyl™ Shimmer
- Cricut Joy™ Transfer Tape
- Cricut Joy™ StandardGrip Mat
- Tool set
- Open this design in Design Space. All of the images are resized already to fit a 12 oz. wine glass so can hit “Make It” and continue.
- If you’re not using Smart Vinyl™, you’ll need to prepare a mat (or mats) with the vinyl. Using the prompts on screen, continue to cut the design.
- Once all of the vinyl colors are cut, weed the design. At this time, I also cut out each group of images for each wine glass and organized them together according to each color wine glass.
- Use Transfer Tape to apply the images to each wine glass.
- Carefully remove the Transfer Tape and start sipping!
A few notes about this project:
- I had a hard time weeding the smaller embellishments around a few of the stars (and honestly did not have the patience to deal with it the day I made these), so I omitted the embellishments altogether.
- When it’s time to wash your glass, hand washing is the best. But if you’re using permanent vinyl (recommended for washable items), you should be able to toss these wine glasses in the dishwasher.
- Also, depending on the type of vinyl you use, you may need to use StrongGrip Transfer Tape rather then the standard tape. The silver vinyl I used was a lot easier to transfer with StrongGrip tape.
These patriotic glasses will definitely be used all summer long for “cheers” time with the fam! Make a new glass for yourself or to share with your squad!
Did you make this Let’s Get Lit 4th of July Wine Glasses Cricut project? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidadiy. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER