These Soft and Fluffy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies have a thick and cakey texture with lots of delicious pumpkin flavor!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
I hope you’re not sick of pumpkin yet because I’ve baked cookies! And who doesn’t love stealing a cookie fresh from the oven? Especially this time of year! November baking is like the pregame to my holiday baking that usually starts December 1st. If I want to try any new cookie recipes, this is the time to do it!
I like to get familiar with new recipes before I decide to add them to cookie trays and tins. And this year, I can’t think of a better gift to drop off to family and friends than a tin full of homemade cookies!
My family has their favorites that always get added to cookie trays each year. But I seem to sneak in at least one new cookie or candy onto these trays each each year. I have a few pumpkin spice lovers on my list, so these could possibly end up as a new addition! Especially since they’re so easy to make!
Soft and Fluffy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Oatmeal cookies are classic. But I wanted to put a seasonal pumpkin twist on them, so I added pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to this oatmeal cookie recipe. The result is a soft and fluffy, sweet and pumpkiny cookie that’s so, so good with a cold glass of milk!
Start these cookies by adding the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice to a medium bowl. Then, in the bowl of a mixer, add the butter, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat on low speed just until combined.
Then, you’re going to add in the egg and vanilla, beating just until combined. Once that’s combined, slowly add the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
Continue beating on low speed until everything is combined and the mixture looks smooth and creamy. Then, you can add in the oats. Instead of beating the mixture, you want to stir in the oats just until it’s incorporated.
Now it’s time to drop that cookie dough onto the cookie sheets! These cookies don’t really spread too much, so keep them about an inch apart. Drop them onto the cookie sheet in heaping tablespoonfuls. Then, pat them down a little bit with your fingers.
Bake these cookies for about 15 minutes, or until they get nice and golden brown around the edges and the center is cooked. Then, allow them to cool on a wire rack and dive in!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice to a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- In the bowl of a mixer, add the butter, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat on low speed just until combined.
- Then, add the egg and vanilla to the mixture and beat until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and beat until it's creamy and smooth. Then, stir in the oats.
- Drop the batter onto the prepared cookie sheets in heaping 1 tbsp. spoonfuls and slightly flatten the dough down with your fingers. Leave about 1 inch between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookie are golden brown and the centers are cooked through.
- Place the cookies onto a wire rack and allow them to cool before serving.
If you’re like me and prefer soft cookies over crispy cookies, you’re going to love these! This cookie recipe makes a dozen, so if you are planning to add them to your holiday cookie trays, make sure you double or triple the recipe! They’ll keep for a week in a cookie tin or airtight container.
Did you make this Soft and Fluffy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER