This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps to support this blog.
This moist, flavorful Apple Snack Cake recipe will get you inspired for all of the delicious flavors of Fall!
Fall is officially one week away and I’m already experimenting with seasonal baking. I rediscovered the pages inside of my An Apple A Day cookbookrecently. Each page in this cookbook contains a different recipe featuring apples. There was a recipe for apple brownies that I couldn’t wait to try!
I love a classic, homemade chocolate brownie, but this time of year gets me excited for baked apple treats and orchard visits. While there’s no chocolate in this recipe and they didn’t quite turn out like brownies, this recipe made a moist, apple filled snack cake. I seriously can’t get enough of this stuff!
I recently bought a few delicious Granny Smiths from Whole Foods. They were honestly the best apples I’ve had in a long time and I can’t wait to go back for more. They were huge, crisp, juicy, and had such a great flavor. I really wish I bought more than the four I took home! I think the trick to an awesome apple cake is getting really fresh, really flavorful apples. Those Granny Smiths definitely made the cake!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk, 2% preferred
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 small apples, or 2 large apples, peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Using a handheld mixer, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing completely into batter.
- Add milk and vanilla and incorporate into batter.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add diced apples to mix and combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake apple cake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.