All you need is a muffin pan to make these easy Breakfast Tater Tot Cups! These tater tot cups are filled with an egg, ham, and cheese mixture and topped with green onions.
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Last month, my brother sent me a taco tater tot cups recipe reel on Instagram. The cups were formed with frozen tater tots, baked, then filled with taco filling and toppings before being baked again.
We both agreed that the tater tot cups would be the perfect base for a breakfast filling. Kind of like a hash brown cup filled with eggs, cheese, and some sort of breakfast meat.
Since we’re still in post-holiday mode, I decided to use diced ham. Of course, you could use crumbled bacon or breakfast sausage instead. But if you’re still working on using up those holiday ham leftovers in the freezer, this recipe is a good way to turn it into an easy breakfast!
The great thing about a breakfast cup recipe like this is that you can mix and match ingredients. But we’re keeping it simple and using what we have. So break out the frozen tots and turn them into a tasty egg, ham, and cheese filled breakfast cup!
Breakfast Tater Tot Cups
You’re going to need a standard muffin pan to make this recipe. Place frozen tater tots into the pan and bake until they start to get crispy. After that, whip up a tasty egg filling and pour it into each cup. Bake the cups again until the eggs are set and serve! Such a quick and easy breakfast that’s perfect for meal prepping!
The first thing we’re going to do is preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray the muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Then, place 4 tater tots into each muffin cup. Bake for 20 minutes.
Once baked, remove the pan from the oven and use a small glass or spoon to smash the tater tots into a cup.
In a medium mixing bowl, mix the eggs, ham, cheese, salt, and pepper together. Divide the mixture evenly into each muffin cup.
Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake the cups for another 15 minutes, or until the eggs have set.
Allow the cups to cool completely before removing them from the pan. Then, serve with chopped green onions on top, if desired.
- 48 seasoned tater tots
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup ham, diced small
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a standard muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 4 frozen tater tots into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then, smash the tots down with a glass or spoon to form a cup.
- Add the eggs, ham, and cheese to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Distribute the egg mixture evenly into each tater tot cup.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350. Then, bake the cups again for 15 minutes, or until the eggs have set.
- Allow the cups to cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan.
- Serve with chopped green onion on top, if desired. Or cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
This recipe makes 12 tater tot cups. Make them at the beginning of the week and enjoy all week long! Looking for other tater tot ideas? Check out these Loaded Veggie Pizza Potato Puffs and these Burger and Fries Kebabs!
Did you make this Breakfast Tater Tot Cups recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER