These golden brown and buttery delicious Broccoli and Cheese Crescent Roll Bundles are an easy holiday side dish inspired by broccoli and cheese casserole!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
I’ve had nothing but Thanksgiving side dishes on my mind lately. After all, they’re the best part of Thanksgiving dinner! Well, other than a grand assortment of holiday pies and cookies for dessert, of course.
One of my favorite Thanksgiving side dishes is broccoli and cheese casserole. It’s just so good! Melty cheese and broccoli come together in a delicious casserole topped with buttery crackers. You can’t go wrong with that!
But since we’re probably keeping our holiday gatherings small again this year, we’ll once again be limiting the side dishes we serve during Thanksgiving dinner. If you’re keeping things small this year, let me ask you this – what if you could turn a crowd favorite dish into a a small scale side?
Well, break out the crescent rolls! We’re taking broccoli and cheese casserole and turning it into a side dish you can eat with your hands! The best part? There’s little prep work and clean up is a breeze with this recipe! These crescent roll bundles are also very easy to double!
Broccoli and Cheese Crescent Roll Bundles
These crescent rolls are so easy to make! Baby broccoli and cheddar cheese get wrapped up in crescent roll dough. Before baking, the crescent rolls are brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese. This is a simple recipe that can be made for any occasion!
The first thing we need to do is unroll our crescent roll dough and separate each piece into triangles. Place the dough onto baking sheets prepared with parchment paper.
Now, we’re going to place half of a cheddar cheese slice onto the wider of the dough. Fold in or trim any edges of the cheese that hang over.
Then, place a baby broccoli stem on top of the cheese. If the stems are really thick, cut them in half lengthwise.
Carefully roll up the crescent rolls and place them seam-side-down onto the baking sheet. Then, brush them with melted butter and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Bake the crescent rolls for about 20 minutes or until they are golden brown and the cheese inside has melted.
Allow them to cool slightly before serving them with the rest of your feast!
- 2 containers crescent roll dough
- 2 bunches baby broccoli, washed with ends trimmed
- 4-5 cheddar cheese slices, cut into thirds
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the dough into 16 triangles.
- Place a slice of cheese onto the wide end of the dough. Then, place a baby broccoli stem on top of the cheese.
- Roll up the crescent dough and place it seam-side-down onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Mix the melted butter and garlic powder together in a small bowl.
- Brush the crescent rolls with the melted butter and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Allow the rolls to cool slightly and serve.
Never had baby broccoli before? It's not as bitter as regular broccoli and the entire stem is edible.
If you can't find baby broccoli, broccoli rabe or broccolini can be substituted. Although, they both have a slightly more bitter taste to them.
These crescent rolls are a great way to enjoy that classic broccoli and cheese flavor combo without having to make a huge casserole. If you’re keeping your gathering small again this year, this recipe would make a delicious addition to your Thanksgiving spread!
Did you make this Broccoli and Cheese Crescent Roll Bundles recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER