This adorable Bucket of Snowballs Christmas Ornament looks ready for a snowball fight! All you need to make it are some items from the dollar store, a hot glue gun, and vinyl!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Unlike most people, I cannot wait for winter and the first snow. And the second snow. And the one after that. You get the picture! My husband and I are like kids in the snow. We’ve had many a snowball fight (I usually end up with a face full of snow) and always end up building a snowman or two in our front yard. You might think I’m crazy, but I don’t even mind shoveling it!
So consider my love for this winter wonder as the inspiration for this DIY bucket of snowballs ornament! This playful Christmas ornament is made with items from the dollar store and the Cricut Joy. Not only would this ornament look charming on your tree, it would make a cute little handmade gift, too.
All you need to create this ornament is a small favor pail, some mini white Styrofoam balls or pom-poms, hot glue, a little vinyl, and ribbon. You could always hang the ornament by the pail’s handle, but the ribbon gives it an extra festive touch.
Bucket of Snowballs Christmas Ornament
After decorating the favor pail with a vinyl design, mini Styrofoam balls are glued inside and take the form of shimmering snowballs. Then, the ornament is finished with a loop of Christmas ribbon on top for hanging.
The first thing we need to do is open the design file in Design Space. Resize if necessary. Then, prepare Cricut Joy StandardGrip mats with red and green vinyl. Continue to cut the design out of each color vinyl.
Once each color is cut, weed the design. Then, use Transfer Tape to stick the design onto the favor pail.
Heat a hot glue gun. When ready, begin gluing the mini Styrofoam balls into place. Stack them so they look like a big pile sitting in the bucket.
Once the glue has dried, attach a loop of ribbon to the handle and hang on the tree!
- Bucket of Snowballs Christmas Ornament design file
- Cricut Joy
- Red vinyl
- Green vinyl
- Cricut Joy StandardGrip mat
- Weeding tools
- Transfer tape
- 2 inch white favor pails
- Glitter vase filler (mini Styrofoam balls), or small white pom-poms
- Hot glue gun + gluesticks
- 5/8 inch Christmas ribbon
- Open the design file in Design Space. Resize to fit the favor pail, if necessary. Then, prepare two mats with each color vinyl and continue to cut each color out.
- Weed the design. Then, use Transfer Tape to stick the design onto the favor pail.
- Heat a hot glue gun and begin to glue the mini Styrofoam balls into the pail. Overlap to stack them high inside the pail.
- Once the glue has dried, loop a ribbon onto the handle and hang your new ornament!
Have a snow theme happening this Christmas? This ornament is budget-friendly so you could totally make a bunch to hang on your tree! I’ll probably make extra to attach to my cookie trays this year.
Did you make this Bucket of Snowballs Christmas Ornament? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidadiy. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER