This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps to support this blog.
This DIY Candy Corn Inspired Candle looks like the traditional Halloween candy, but smells like pumpkin spice!
After I closed my Etsy shop, I was left with a lot of candle making supplies, including 10 pounds of soy wax. That’s a lot of wax! So I made my friends and family some wax melts and over the Summer I made a few Patriotic Layered Citronella Candles. I donated some of my molds to friends who were starting their own businesses, but that big bag of soy wax still remained in my closet.
I was brainstorming the last of my Halloween projects the other night and realized that I hadn’t made any candy corn inspired projects. I’m not a huge fan of eating candy corn, so I decided to put some of that soy wax to good use and make candy corn inspired candles instead. Layered candles might seem difficult to make, but they’re really not! All you need is a little patience in between layers, but the end result is worth the wait!
- Pint size mason jar
- 1 pound soy wax chips
- Red and yellow wax color chips
- Candle wick
- Pumpkin fragrance oil
- Pumpkin Orange spray paint
- Other supplies: Glue Dots, glass measuring cup, bamboo skewers
- Add a Glue Dot to the bottom of a candle wick and set it into place in the bottom of your mason jar.
- In a glass measuring cup, add one cup of soy wax. Microwave for 60 seconds, continuing in 30 second intervals until wax is completely melted.
- Break off a small piece of your yellow wax chip and stir into your melted wax using a bamboo skewer. Add more color, as desired.
- Add 20-30 drops of pumpkin fragrance oil into melted wax and stir.
- Pour wax into the bottom of your jar and allow to harden. You can do this by letting it sit on a counter for a few hours or speed up the process in the fridge.
- When the bottom layer of wax is completely solid, repeat with another layer. This time, mix a piece of a yellow wax chip with a red wax chip to achieve an orange color.
- Repeat with one more layer. For this layer, no color chips are needed. Allow candle to harden completely before use.
- To make an orange lid for your candle: use E6000 to glue the mason jar seal to the lid. When glue has dried completely, spray paint the lid orange.
- Allow lid to dry completely, then display candle.
Even though candy corn is basically a symbol of Halloween, the color scheme and pumpkin scent of these candles are perfect for Thanksgiving, as well!