These Caprese Salad Wonton Cups are an easy and delicious way to enjoy tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil in a crunchy wonton cup. Serve them as a light lunch or a fun and impressive appetizer!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of those links helps support this blog.
Earlier in the week, I shared a Cream Cheese Wonton Dip with Air Fryer Wonton Chips recipe. I had over half a package of wonton wrappers left and wanted to make something else with them. As the ideas shuffled through my mind, I settled on making mini salad cups. Caprese salad Wonton Cups to be exact!
I think subconsciously knowing that spring is right around the corner has my cravings shifting once again. During the week, I got a major craving for that simple combo of tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. But instead of serving the Caprese salad in its traditional form, I decided to dish it up in some crispy wonton cups over Romaine lettuce!
If you’re ready to take your tastebuds from heavy winter dishes to something a bit lighter, these Caprese Salad stuffed wonton cups are a good place to start! Not only would they make an amazing, light lunch or side dish, they would be an easy appetizer to make for Super Bowl Sunday, too!
Caprese Salad Wonton Cups
Get ready for a whole new approach to Caprese salad! These easy Caprese Salad Wonton Cups take little time to make and are a crunchy and delicious way to enjoy the flavors of Caprese salad.
The first thing we need to do is make our wonton cups. Spray two standard size muffin tins with cooking spray. Place 3 wonton wrappers into each muffin tin cavity, overlapping each wrapper to form the cup.
Give the inside of the cups a spritz of cooking spray, too. Then, bake the wontons at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until they’re golden brown and crispy.
Now we’re going to mix up our Caprese style filling. In a mixing bowl, mix halved grape tomatoes, fresh mozzarella pearls, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
Once the wonton wrappers have cooled, start filling them with Romaine lettuce. You only want a light layer at the bottom of each cup. Then, spoon the Caprese mixture into each wonton cup.
Drizzle some balsamic glaze over the wonton cups. Then, serve immediately with chopped basil on top.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce, shredded or juilienne cut
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Balsamic glaze
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray two standard size muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer 3 wontons into each cavity of the muffin tin. Lightly spray the wonton wrappers with cooking spray.
- Bake the wonton wrappers for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Allow the wonton cups to cool. Then, remove and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, and olive oil to a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Start filling the cups by evenly distributing the Romaine lettuce between each cup.
- Then, top the lettuce with the tomato and mozzarella mixture.
- Drizzle each cup with balsamic glaze and add chopped basil on top.
- Serve immediately.
I’ve made a lot of recipes using wonton wrappers, but salad cups might honest-to-goodness be my new favorite way to use them. It’s a major bonus having the fresh flavors of Caprese salad all tucked into a crispy, handheld cup!
Did you make this Caprese Salad Wonton Cups recipe? Share your pics on Instagram using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER