As my husband snuck a peek at the notebook page where this post was drafted, I could only imagine him thinking “You’re the last person on Earth who should be giving advice on how to stay calm.” I am irrational. I have zero patience. I am hot-tempered and don’t work well under pressure. But this Christmas, I’m trying not to let holiday stress get the best of me. Even though I am checking off my to-do list, I’m not worried about those things that get left behind.
HOW TO KEEP YOUR COOL DURING THE HOLIDAYS
- Remember to breathe. It’s a time for calm and joy. Calmmmm yourself!
- Make a list of your holiday to-do’s.
- Now edit that list and cross off anything that doesn’t seem crucial.
- Wrap presents as you buy them. Keep them in a designated area or nestle them underneath the tree if you don’t have little Santa believers around. Nothing makes a Christmas tree seem more complete than pretty, wrapped presents underneath it!
- Clean/declutter. Trust me. It helps! You’ll feel relieved and focused when things are nice and tidy.
- Turn up the ♪ Christmas tunes ♫ or watch a holiday movie! Instant cheer!
- Take a walk. Get some fresh air in the evening with someone you love and enjoy the houses all lit up!
- Pour yourself a drink. Hot cocoa, tea, eggnog, a glass of wine – whatever’s your poison!
- Cuddle. Nothing makes me feel better than a good snuggle fest!
- If you don’t get to everything on your list, don’t sweat it. There’s always next year!
Christmas is just about a week away. So most importantly, don’t forget to enjoy the holiday season. As quickly as it comes around each year, it goes away just as fast! Cuddle up with a Christmas cookie, a good movie or book and enjoy the rest of this wonderful time of year!