Pet owners, don’t get rid of your old clothes before keeping a few t-shirts behind! Simply cut the shirts into thin strips to create yarn. Then, follow my simple instructions on Hello Nature today to create three kinds of DIY dog toys! You’ll be happy to upcycle your t-shirts and your dog will be happy to have some new toys to play with!
While we’re still checking off that list, I decided to make a couple DIY projects for fellow dog lovers. The first DIY I made is a treat jar to keep some homemade treats handy. All you need is a mason jar, glue, a plastic puppy, and a little spray paint to create an adorable jar to keep dog treats fresh!
- Pint mason jar (a quart works well, too)
- Super glue or E6000
- Mini plastic dog figure
- Metallic spray paint, Chrome
- Glue the mason jar seal (inner lid) to the outer lid and allow to dry.
- Glue plastic pup to the top of the lid. Allow to dry.
- Spray paint lid in 1-2 coats of chrome. Dry between coats.
- Fill jar with your dog’s favorite treats! I recommend these DIY Doggie Breath Treats!
I had some extra mini plastic dog figures left over from my treat jar project, so I decided to spray paint a couple and turn them into keychains. I screwed an eye hook into each plastic figure, added chain, and key chain. So simple, but so adorable!
- 2 silver eye hooks (or cup hooks)
- 2 mini plastic dog figures
- #16 x 1 ft. Zinc-Plated Double Jack Chain
- Spray paint
- Silver key rings
- Spray paint pups in color of your choice. Allow to dry
- Screw an eye hook or cup hook into the back of the pup figure.
- Attach a key ring onto silver chain.
- Attach silver chain to hook and close hook with pliers (if using a cup hook).
- Add your colorful pup to your keys!
Note: I purchased 1ft. of chain from Home Depot and unlinked what I needed per keychain. Thick, silver jewelry chain would work, as well.
In anticipation of our new puppy’s arrival, I made some homemade dog treats using fresh herbs from the garden. Get the recipe for these DIY Doggie Breath Bites on Hello Nature today! They’re made with beneficial ingredients to keep your dog healthy and their doggie breath smelling sweet. Fresh mint and parsley make this an extra sweet treat for your pup. You’ll receive even sweeter puppy kisses in return for making them this DIY doggie treat!