While we’re still checking off that list, I decided to make a couple DIY projects for fellow dog lovers. The first DIY I made is a treat jar to keep some homemade treats handy. All you need is a mason jar, glue, a plastic puppy, and a little spray paint to create an adorable jar to keep dog treats fresh!
- Pint mason jar (a quart works well, too)
- Super glue or E6000
- Mini plastic dog figure
- Metallic spray paint, Chrome
- Glue the mason jar seal (inner lid) to the outer lid and allow to dry.
- Glue plastic pup to the top of the lid. Allow to dry.
- Spray paint lid in 1-2 coats of chrome. Dry between coats.
- Fill jar with your dog’s favorite treats! I recommend these DIY Doggie Breath Treats!
I had some extra mini plastic dog figures left over from my treat jar project, so I decided to spray paint a couple and turn them into keychains. I screwed an eye hook into each plastic figure, added chain, and key chain. So simple, but so adorable!
- 2 silver eye hooks (or cup hooks)
- 2 mini plastic dog figures
- #16 x 1 ft. Zinc-Plated Double Jack Chain
- Spray paint
- Silver key rings
- Spray paint pups in color of your choice. Allow to dry
- Screw an eye hook or cup hook into the back of the pup figure.
- Attach a key ring onto silver chain.
- Attach silver chain to hook and close hook with pliers (if using a cup hook).
- Add your colorful pup to your keys!
Note: I purchased 1ft. of chain from Home Depot and unlinked what I needed per keychain. Thick, silver jewelry chain would work, as well.