It was a fridge clean out kind of dinner last night. I bought a package of chicken and apple sausage from Alan’s Orchard last week and had produce that needed to be used. What’s better and easier than a skillet dinner?
Sausage and Potato Skillet Dinner
- 4 sausage links (whatever flavor you like best)
- 1 large russet potato, sliced thin
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced into rings
- 3 small cloves of garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper
- olive oil (I used grapeseed oil)
Heat enough oil to fully coat the bottom of a large skillet on medium-high. Add potatoes and cook until they start turning brown. Lower heat to medium and add pepper. Cover skillet. In another skillet, add a splash of oil and cook sausage until no longer pink inside on medium-high (this only takes a few minutes). Carefully slice sausage and put aside. Add garlic to potatoes and peppers. Combine. Add sausage and combine. Sprinkle oregano over dish, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Easy weeknight dinner for two with enough left for lunch!