If chocolate chip cookies are your favorite, you’ll love slicing into this delicious Chocolate Chip Bread with Walnuts! It tastes just like classic chocolate chip cookies in an easy loaf form!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
My boo’s favorite thing – besides me, of course – is chocolate chip cookies. The boy’s got quite a sweet tooth, so every now and then I’ll make him a home baked dessert. I had a bag of mini chocolate chip morsels left over from the holidays, plus about half of bag of walnuts, so I decided to make a chocolate chip bread.
Think of this bread as like a big ol’ chocolate chip cookie that you can slice. It’s nice and soft on the inside and the outside crust is crispy just like a chocolate chip cookie! I like to use mini chocolate morsels because they seem to melt right into the bread leaving a chocolaty swirl of deliciousness!
Most of the time, I’d say wait until the bread cools to slice it. But if you’re like me and love cookies fresh from the oven, it’s worth slicing right into!
Now, my sweet tooth isn’t as major as my guy’s, but I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this bread! So much so that I had to stop myself from having another piece after my first slice! I love chocolate chip cookies with nuts, so the extra crunch of the walnuts was really tasty! If you’re not a fan of walnuts, you can omit them and still have a pretty damn delicious bread!
The best part? This recipe makes TWO LOAVES! It’s so simple to put together, too! Mix up all the ingredients, pour it into loaf pans, and bake for an hour! You can freeze one loaf, or do what I did and share it! I brought the other loaf fresh from the oven to my parents’ house!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet mini chocolate morsels
- 1 cup walnut halves, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350º and spray two loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Then, add the oil, butter, sugars, and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the chocolate morsels and walnuts. Then, divide the mixture between each loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then slice!
This bread is best served warm with a tall glass of milk! It’s so good that you might not want to share that extra loaf. But if you do, the recipients will be very thankful for it!
Did you make this Chocolate Chip Bread with Walnuts recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER