This flavorful cauliflower crust is a perfect, low carb alternative to pizza crust!
I received a complimentary copy of this cookbook through Blogging for Books. This post may also contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps to support this blog.
I had been telling myself for months to get back into an exercise routine. I got my big wake up call after attending a bridal shower for a good friend. After having some pictures taken, I realized that the pounds had to come off. I wasn’t happy with the girl smiling back at me in those photos.
Despite having fun at the shower and catching up with old friends, I never posted those pictures. I was too embarrassed, too ashamed. That evening, I stood in front of my husband and asked him if he would want to start working out with me. It was the best question I’ve asked him recently, and the best decision I’ve made in a long time.
Since posing that question to my personal personal trainer, I’ve made some easy lifestyle and diet changes that have proved to be very beneficial, as well. Not only am I not working out 3-5 times a week (either weight training, yoga, walking, or some other exercise), I decided to eat a low carb diet.
With Summer’s plentiful bounty of fresh fruits and vegetables, it’s been a lot easier than I thought it would be to eat low carb! I allow myself one night (pizza night!) to have carbs and that’s it! Making this change has allowed me to lose 12 pounds, sleep better, and have more energy during the day. I feel so much better about myself and my new journey!
I was so happy to recently discover the Everyday Detox cookbook. The recipes in this bright and beautiful cookbook allow you to eat better and naturally detox without making huge changes to your diet.
As someone who loves her pizza, but isn’t eating much bread these days, I was thrilled to find an easy recipe for cauliflower pizza crust. For pizza night last week, I tossed a head of cauliflower with some garlic infused oil and roasted it. It was the perfect topping and the leftovers were perfect for making cauliflower crust!
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into pieces and roasted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- In a food processor, pulse cauliflower florets until they resemble rice.
- Pour cauliflower into a thin towel or cheesecloth and wring out moisture.
- Add cauliflower to a mixing bowl and stir in egg, goat cheese, basil, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer cauliflower mix to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten mixture into a thin circle with your hands.
- Bake crust for 30 minutes, then flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Top crust with your favorite pizza toppings, then bake again for 10 minutes.
- Cut into pizza slices and serve. Enjoy!
I ate this pizza with a fork because the crust was still a little moist. But I’m determined to try it again because it was so full of flavor! I look forward to trying more of the recipes in this cookbook like fresh berry sorbet, Southwestern inspired sweet potato, and the zucchini lasagna I’ll be making tonight!