This DIY Cement Heart Necklace is an adorable statement necklace that you can gift for Galentine’s Day, rock for Valentine’s Day, or wear any time of year!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps to support this blog.
There’s something about January that makes me want to organize everything. Over the weekend, I spent some time reorganizing things in our office. I went through files, bought cute Nate Berkus office supplies from Target, then got chalkboard labels from the craft store to relabel old files (because, truthfully, the Nate Berkus files are almost too cute to use!).
I also ended up going through my craft supplies again. That adorable, little candy tackle box I made no longer holds candy. It’s now storage for some of my jewelry making supplies (don’t worry – my husband has plenty of tackle boxes of his own). After finding a brand new package of gold cable chain, I can tell there might be some more jewelry making in the future!
Now that you’ve made your DIY Cement Heart Magnets, you might have some cement hearts left over like I did. So today I’ll show you how to turn those cute, little cement hearts into a fabulous piece of jewelry! It’s really pretty simple!
With Valentine’s Day almost a month away, this necklace would make an adorable handmade gift for your bestie on Galentine’s Day! All you need to do is mix up some quick dry cement, pour it into a heart mold, add a golden touch, and make a necklace with just a few jewelry supplies!
- Quick dry cement
- Small silicone heart mold
- Gold leaf paint pen
- Jewelry bails
- Super glue
- 1.8 m gold chain
- Jewelry pliers
- Gold jump rings
- Gold clasps
- Follow instructions on the cement package to form your cement mixture. Mix cement mixture in a plastic container. Add a little bit of water at at time to the cement to achieve a paste-like consistency.
- Working quickly, pour cement into the small silicone heart mold. Allow to dry and harden.
- When cement has completely hardened, pop cement hearts out of the mold.
- If desired, decorate your cement hearts using the gold paint pen. Allow paint to dry completely.
- Glue a jewelry bail onto the back of the heart.
- Measure your cable chain to the length you desire. Use jewelry pliers to remove chain links and add your cement heart pendant to the chain.
- Add jump rings to each end of the chain. Then, add each end of the clasp to each jump ring to form your necklace.
Even though this necklace has a cement pendant hanging from it, it’s not at all heavy to wear! It’s such a fun statement necklace that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day, but simple and adorable enough to rock any time during the year!
PIN FOR LATER