This Grilled Chicken Bruschetta is a light, flavorful dish to make on hot, summer nights!
You guys, I totally have rights to whine about the typical July heatwave happening here in New Jersey because you usually won’t find me complaining about the cold weather (unless there’s more than a foot of snow on the ground). This humid, 90+ degree heat is no bueno in my book! If you set one foot outside, Mother Nature bitch slaps you in the face with a hot palm of fury that leaves your entire face crying.
Needless to say, the heat’s totally effed up my body, as it tends to this time of year. Never mind it being nearly impossible to look cute in this heat (hello, endless frizz and a less than attractive shine!). My appetite is usually lost to wanting nothing more than a big glass of ice cold water! However, my stomach still grumbles despite the heat. So what’s a girl to do when the oven is clearly not her best friend? Make super easy recipes on the grill that take minutes to make so you won’t be sweating your ass off!
The freezer, for some reason, is stocked with a ton of boneless, skinless chicken breasts at the moment. So I thawed a couple chicken breasts out and made this recipe for lunch one day. It was just as awesome, if not better, than I remembered it to be! The bruschetta topping is perfect for a hot day. It’s very light, fresh, and full of great Italian flavor!
- 2 thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 oz. fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat grill to medium.
- Season chicken breasts on each side with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place on grill and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and tomatoes.
- Stir in garlic, basil, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cheese into bruschetta mixture just before serving.
- Top grilled chicken with bruschetta and serve.