This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PremiumPrep #CollectiveBias
Meal prepping has become such a big part of my week. I spend Sunday night planning my menu for the week ahead. Then, I take inventory of our freezer, using a printable, to keep track of the food we already have on hand. Once that’s done, I start working on our grocery list for the week. Depending on what I have in the fridge, I’ll do a little cooking to prepare some heat-and-eat meals, too.
Meal prepping isn’t just a great way to stay on top of portion control. It’s also an awesome way to increase veggies, lean proteins, and stay on top of healthy eating habits on a whole! I’ve changed my meal routine at the beginning of this year. Now, I eat whole grains at the beginning of the week, proteins and lots of veggies midweek, then end the week with a mix of everything and include healthy fats like avocado and olive oil. It’s definitely made a difference!
Since I start my week with healthy grains, I’ve been adding a lot of quinoa (and quinoa and brown rice blends) into my diet lately. Quinoa is so versatile and perfect for meal prepping. So at the beginning of the week, I’ll make a big batch of quinoa. I store it in the fridge as an easy side dish for dinner and to make lunch bowls throughout the week with other leftovers.
I’ve been using quinoa in place of other carbs like pasta. A couple weeks ago, while it was freezing cold outside, I started craving Chicken Cacciatore served over a big plate of pasta. Instead, I decided to make it over quinoa. Delicious!
I whipped up an easy sauce with Bertolli® Tomato & Basil red sauce as my base. Bertolli®’s Tuscan background makes it a sauce perfect for dishes like this Chicken Cacciatore! Then, I chopped up three kinds of bell peppers, red onion, and mushrooms. I knew I would be using these veggies again in other dishes. So I stored them in my new set of Rubbermaid® Brilliance™ premium storage containers that I picked up recently at Walmart.
Rubbermaid® Brilliance™ containers are 100% leak-free guaranteed! That means I can store saucy dishes in them and not worry about them making a mess out of my fridge. They’re also stain-resistant, so red sauces are no problem to store! Their clear design makes it easy to see exactly what I need to get prepping! They keep my fridge organized, too. They’re no problem to stack!
- 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 container of white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jar of Bertolli® Tomato & Basil red pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- Heat a large sauce pan over medium heat and add extra virgin olive oil.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and add to the sauce pan, browning on each side.
- Add garlic, onion, mushrooms, and peppers. Cook just until tender.
- Stir in Bertolli® Tomato & Basil red pasta sauce. Turn heat to low and simmer.
- Meanwhile, add vegetable broth to another pot and bring to a boil.
- Add quinoa to the pot and cook until liquid has been absorbed and quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove both pans from heat. Serve Chicken Cacciatore over quinoa.
This Chicken Cacciatore recipe might seem like it can feed a small army, but it’s perfect for weekly meal prepping! My husband and I definitely have enough to share and enjoy during the week! I like to keep the quinoa in a separate container to use in other dishes, too.
Bertolli® Tomato & Basil pasta sauce (check out their Creamy Basil Alfredo, too!) and Rubbermaid® Brilliance™ containers can both be found at Walmart. Find Bertolli® pasta sauces in the pasta aisle. Rubbermaid® Brilliance™ containers can be found with other Rubbermaid storage products.
Start your meal prep routine with these great offers from Ibotta!
Save $0.75 on any Bertolli pasta sauce variety at Walmart, $2.00 off a single Rubbermaid Brilliance container at Walmart, and $5.00 off the Rubbermaid Brilliance 10 piece set at Walmart! For more meal prep inspiration, check out these recipes!
PIN FOR LATER