This Chicken Cheesesteak Casserole is easy to whip up in a hurry. It’s great for busy nights or just when you’re in the mood for a chicken cheesesteak!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#NaturallyCheesy #Co llectiveBias
That usually means Friday night is pizza night around here. But since I’ve been cutting back on carbs, I’ve been trying to think of other quick fix meals to enjoy on Friday nights. I love meals that are cooked all in one dish. They’re easy to throw together and even easier to dish out!
The recipes we make at home emulate the foods eaten at stadiums and arenas. Making them at home allows you to use better-for-you ingredients to replicate the flavors of these favorite stadium foods.
That’s when I decided to make a Chicken Cheesesteak Casserole. This dish has all of the deliciousness of a chicken cheesesteak, but it’s in easy casserole form! Simply throw all of the ingredients in a casserole dish and bake! Serve it with or without the sandwich roll!
- - 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- - 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- - 1-2 tsp. Buffalo sauce
- - 1/4 c. vegetable or chicken broth
- - 1 c. frozen mushrooms
- - 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- - Kraft Pizza Shreds
- - salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in dish.
- Sprinkle chopped garlic over chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix Buffalo sauce and broth. Pour over chicken.
- Next, add mushrooms and peppers strip on top of chicken.
- Place casserole dish in oven and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Drain any excess water from mushrooms from dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and place back in oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and starting to bubble.
- Serve casserole with extra Buffalo sauce or sandwich rolls. Enjoy!