This Chicken Cheesesteak Casserole is easy to whip up in a hurry. It’s great for busy nights or just when you’re in the mood for a chicken cheesesteak!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#NaturallyCheesy #Co llectiveBias
The other night I said to my husband, “It’s almost hockey season!” Fall is not only hockey season in our home. It’s also bowling season for my husband as he returns to his Friday night bowling league. The Friday night hustle usually includes my husband getting home from work, eating dinner, then getting his bowling gear ready to head back out the door again.
That usually means Friday night is pizza night around here. But since I’ve been cutting back on carbs, I’ve been trying to think of other quick fix meals to enjoy on Friday nights. I love meals that are cooked all in one dish. They’re easy to throw together and even easier to dish out!
Hockey season, for me, is when I start thinking about breaking out my jersey, attending games, and of course, eating game food. You know the usual foods eaten with fingers and hands like hot wings, chicken fingers, nachos, and cheesesteaks.
The recipes we make at home emulate the foods eaten at stadiums and arenas. Making them at home allows you to use better-for-you ingredients to replicate the flavors of these favorite stadium foods.
One of our favorite easy meals to eat during the Fall is cheesesteaks. But now that I am eating a more balanced diet, I had to think about other options that include the same great flavors of cheesesteak.
That’s when I decided to make a Chicken Cheesesteak Casserole. This dish has all of the deliciousness of a chicken cheesesteak, but it’s in easy casserole form! Simply throw all of the ingredients in a casserole dish and bake! Serve it with or without the sandwich roll!
Season boneless, skinless chicken breasts and place them in a casserole dish. Pour a zingy Buffalo over chicken.
Add pepper strips and mushrooms on top of chick. You can’t have a proper cheesesteak without those!
The big finisher is a hefty handful of shredded cheese. Add as much or as little as you like! Let it bubble and serve!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-2 tsp. Buffalo sauce
- 1/4 c. vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 c. frozen mushrooms
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- Kraft Pizza Shreds
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in dish.
- Sprinkle chopped garlic over chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix Buffalo sauce and broth. Pour over chicken.
- Next, add mushrooms and peppers strip on top of chicken.
- Place casserole dish in oven and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Drain any excess water from mushrooms from dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and place back in oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and starting to bubble.
- Serve casserole with extra Buffalo sauce or sandwich rolls.
I stocked up on Kraft cheese during my last trip to Walmart. The Shreds Pizza blend contains both mozzarella and cheddar cheeses making it the perfect shredded cheese to top this casserole with! Head to Walmart’s website to download digital coupons to save 55¢ off a Philadelphia cream cheese 2-pack and 75¢ off 16oz. Shreds or chunk cheese. Coupons are available for download until 9/14/15.