This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
These quick and creepy Crispy Chicken Halloween Witch Fingers will delight your little ghouls and goblins on Halloween night!
It’s been a very witchy Halloween season here on Living La Vida Holoka this year! So I thought I would continue the trend with another fun, Halloween recipe! If there’s one thing that truly stands out about witches, it’s their creepy, pointy fingers. Remember the Wicked Witch of the West pointing her long, green finger at Dorothy? “I’ll get you my pretty…and your little dog, too!”
Witches are definitely more than just a pointy hat, broomstick, and a spine-chilling cackle. And Halloween can be more than just sweet treats! I’m sure most parents don’t want their kids loading up on candy on Halloween. So how about feeding them a festive and easy dinner before you head out for an evening of trick-or-treating?
What kid doesn’t like chicken fingers? As an adult, I still love chicken fingers! They’re crispy, fun to dip, and make a quick and easy meal! For Halloween, I decided to turn chicken fingers into “witch fingers.” I’ve seen so many sweet witch finger recipes from cookies to pretzel rods. I wanted to make these witch fingers a fun dinner for Halloween night!
To make the chicken fingers really look witchy, I added green food coloring to bread crumbs. Black olives are added to the tip of each chicken finger for “fingernails.” This homemade version of chicken fingers is fun to make and even more fun to eat! Serve them with a side of your favorite dipping sauce like ranch, honey mustard, or ketchup.
- 4 thin, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1-2 cups seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- Green food coloring
- 2-3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Black olives, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with foil and non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1-2 cups of whole wheat bread crumbs into a dish or large bowl.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring to bread crumbs and mix well. Continue adding green food coloring until your desired color is achieved.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Add flour to another plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken fingers in flour. Then, dip in eggs. Follow with the bread crumbs and repeat until all of the chicken fingers are coated.
- Place chicken fingers on the prepared baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Flip chicken halfway through so it browns evenly on both sides.
- Plate 5 chicken fingers to make a hand.
- Top with a black olive "fingernail."
- Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.
If you're not into food coloring, add some chopped green herbs like parsley to the bread crumb mixture instead.
Before you get decked out in costume this Halloween, make this witchy little bite to eat! They’re sure to be a hit with kids and big kids at heart this Halloween season!
PIN FOR LATER