These DIY Chocolate Covered Peeps Pops are a crowd pleasing Easter treat that are budget-friendly, adorable, and so easy to make!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Peeps are one of those Easter treats that you either love or you hate. If you’ve been following me on Snapchat lately, then you know I have a bit of an obsession these days. I have developed a major love for Peeps! They’re especially good when they’re on the stale side or I can find the chocolate-filled variety (I’ve been noshing on Peeps Delights lately – so good!).
A few years ago, I made these Chocolate Covered Peeps Pops for the very first time. They were an easy, last minute Easter treat that I shared with my family. They’ve been one of my go-to Easter treats ever since! I made another batch a few weeks ago (with my crazy stash of Peeps that I have on hand at the moment) and split them between both sides of the family. Everyone loved them. Especially my three year old niece!
- Peeps rabbits
- Colorful paper straws or candy sticks
- Light pink candy melts
- White candy melts
- Edible black marker
- Wax paper
- Gently push a paper straw into each Peeps rabbit.
- Melt one color of the melts over a low flame, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and dip half of the Peeps into the candy melt.
- Repeat with the next color of candy melts and dip the last half of the Peeps.
- Allow chocolate covered Peeps to harden on wax paper.
- Use edible marker to draw faces back onto the Peeps, or use a spoon to drizzle Peeps with the other candy melt color.
- Allow marker, or candy melt drizzle, to dry completely before enjoying.
If you need an easy, last minute gift to bring to your Easter gathering, this is it! These Chocolate Covered Peeps Pops are quick and budget-friendly! They’re quite adorable, too! Then again, bunnies are pretty freaking adorable!
If you want to package up these Peeps Pops to add to Easter baskets or gift to friends and family, just grab some cellophane treat bags. Insert a pop into each bag and tie them up with baker’s twine. These Peeps Pops are an easy handmade treat that look like they came straight from the candy shop!
PIN FOR LATER