Pumpkin spice and chocolate lovers get a double dose of deliciousness in every bite of this Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
I had such a craving for chocolate cake the other day! Thankfully, I had all of the ingredients on hand to make this super chocolaty cake recipe! But this cake is so much more than just a basic chocolate cake. It’s all that and then some! I had some leftover pumpkin puree in the freezer, so I decided to make a Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake!
This bundt cake is easy to make and would make a delicious fall or holiday dessert! Not only is there pumpkin spice in the chocolate cake itself, but I stirred some into my homemade chocolate frosting, as well! Pumpkin spice and chocolate lovers, I present you your new favorite dessert!
Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
You’re going to start by making a chocolaty concoction that will later be mixed into dry ingredients. So you’re going to stir a stick of butter, water, oil (I used coconut oil, but you can use vegetable oil), and some unsweetened cocoa powder. Stir continuously and bring it to a boil. Then, take it off the heat and set aside.
Now, you want to mix up the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Once that’s all mixed up, you can add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl.
Carefully pour in the chocolate mixture. Then, add the pumpkin puree, eggs, pumpkin spice, and vanilla extract. Mix just until everything is incorporated.
Now you can pour the batter into a bundt pan that’s been sprayed generously with non-stick cooking spray. When you’re making bundt cake, it’s always better to over-grease than under-grease the pan to prevent sticking.
Your house is going to smell amazing while this bakes into a fluffy and moist chocolate pumpkin spice cake! You could serve this as is with a light dusting of cocoa powder on top or, do what I did, and make an easy chocolate frosting and add some walnuts on top!
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 5 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweeteened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Optional: chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and generously grease a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the butter, water, oil, and cocoa to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Then, remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Carefully pour the chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Then, stir in the pumpkin puree, eggs, pumpkin spice, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before removing it from the bundt pan.
- Add the butter, milk, sugar, cocoa powder, pumpkin spice, and vanilla extract to a small pot.
- Stir continuously over low heat until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Allow the frosting to cool slightly to drizzle over the cake.
- If you want a thicker frosting, all the frosting to cool completely. Then, frost the cake.
- Once the cake is frosted, add chopped walnuts on top, if desired.
- Cut into slices and serve.
How to Make Chocolate Frosting
The frosting is so easy to make! All you need is butter, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, milk, and a touch of pumpkin spice! That all gets stirred together over low heat until the butter has melted and the sugar is dissolved.
Then, you can take it off the heat and let it thicken up a bit. Or you can simply drizzle is over your cake, add chopped walnuts on top, and dig in!
My craving has been satisfied! Not only does this cake have the perfect amount of chocolate and pumpkin spice flavor, but it’s super moist as well. It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Did you make this Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER