Amaze your Easter guests with these easy chocolate rabbit Easter cupcakes!
I was provided product samples free of charge from Oriental Trading in exchange for my honest opinion. No other compensation was provided for this post.
Every time I think about chocolate rabbits, I remember my mom taking me to an Easter egg hunt when I was little. The hunt was separated into age groups so everyone had a fair shot at finding Easter eggs. Inside each Easter egg was a prize and those who found a colored coin won an extra special prize. I think I found a pink nickel in my egg and won a giant chocolate rabbit. Whether I got to devour that giant chocolate rabbit is another story (my thoughts are that I got to indulge a little and the rest of the rabbit ended up in the trash).
So when I think about sweet Easter treats, candy always comes to mind. I mean, it’s what the Easter bunny seems to favor leaving in Easter baskets after all! So I got into the Easter spirit last weekend and baked up a batch of cupcakes. It was all I could do since my husband kept asking me when he could dive into the bag of candy Easter grass and chocolate rabbits (I hadn’t even told him about the peanut butter eggs yet)!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Green frosting
- Twizzlers Easter grass candy
- Peanut Butter M&M eggs
- Mini chocolate rabbits
- Easter cupcake liners
- Line a cupcake pan with Easter cupcake liners.
- Bake yellow cake mix according to package, filling cupcake liners accordingly.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before decorating.
- Once cupcakes are cool, frost with green frosting.
- Place a chocolate rabbit into the center of the cupcake, pressing down gently so the rabbit stays in place.
- Add candy Easter grass around the rabbit, covering the green frosting.
- Place a few candy Easter eggs in front of the chocolate rabbit.
- Be prepared to amaze your Easter guests with your culinary talent!
These cupcakes are a crowd-pleasing treat for Easter that take little effort to make! Use boxed cake mix to make your cupcakes. Then frost them with a container of green icing. Push a mini chocolate rabbit into the center of the cupcake, add edible Easter grass, and throw on some candy Easter eggs. These are so simple that you can make them Easter morning!
I mean, I know bunny butt cakes are really cute, but it’s just cake with frosting and maybe a little coconut on it. With these adorable cupcakes, you get cake and candy! It’s like an Easter basket in one little handheld cupcake! If you ask me, it doesn’t get much better than that! Enjoy the holiday sugar rush!