These Cranberry Pistachio Cookies will be a perfect addition to your holiday cookie trays with their festive red and green color and sweet, slightly tart flavor!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Guess who made more cookies this morning? I’ll give you a hint….she writes this blog! I made cranberry pistachio cookies this morning inspired by a Betty Crocker recipe that I have made every single Christmas.
These are definitely one of my favorite cookies to make! They’re the perfect blend of cranberry and pistachio flavor and are a festive red and green color that’ll really pop on your cookie trays! Plus, they’ve been requested by my family every year! Now, if only I could forget where I’ve hid this cookie tin!
A delicious holiday cookie that’s so easy to make!
I also love that these cookies are super simple to make! I’m not much of a from-scratch baker, so I use a lot of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix as a base for the holiday cookies I bake. This mix has saved my holiday baking! And it’s so easy to turn a regular sugar cookie into an entirely new cookie recipe!
These cookies start with the sugar cookie mix, a package of pistachio pudding, and a little flour. Then, you mix in some chopped pistachios and dried cranberries. Once your cookie dough has formed, drop it onto a cookie sheet, give the cookie dough a little squish, and bake!
The result is a slightly soft, sweet cookie with a touch of cranberry tartness and a little crunch thanks to the pistachios and a perfectly golden brown edge!
- 1 package Better Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 box instant pistachio pudding
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dry roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350º and prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the cookie mix, pudding mix, and flour together.
- Stir in the eggs and melted butter until it's formed into a soft dough.
- Add in the pistachios and cranberries.
- Drop cookie dough into round balls onto the cookie sheets and slightly flatten the dough with your fingers.
- Bake for about 11 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies turn golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the baking sheets and cool completely on wire racks.
- Store in covered containers at room temperature.
These cookies are a must-make every December! Not only do they look pretty with their red and green color – and totally delicious, too – but I whipped up a couple batches in my kitchen in, what felt like, no time this morning! Dust these cookies with powdered sugar before serving for a pretty presentation!
Did you make these Cranberry Pistachio Cookies for your holiday cookie trays? Share your pics using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER