These Tart and Sweet Cranberry-Lemon Muffins are bursting with fresh cranberries and tangy lemon flavor and topped with turbinado sugar for a bakery style crunch!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Every year, I write out a Christmas baking list. And every year, that list tends to grow and grow throughout the season. This year, I added a few new goodies to my list including some Cranberry-Lemon Cookies.
I was slightly unsure about the flavor combination – even though I’m a huge fan of tart lemon desserts and tangy cranberries. But after popping one of the cranberry-lemon confections into my mouth, I was instantly hooked on this slightly sweet and totally tangy combo!
I immediately started thinking about cranberry-lemon recipes I could make and was immediately hit with an idea for muffins. So I took inspiration from my Christmas cookie recipe and created a tart and sweet muffin that will definitely wake up your taste buds in the morning!
Tart and Sweet Cranberry-Lemon Muffins
These tart and sweet muffins combine the tangy flavors of cranberry and lemon. Not only are these muffins delicious and easy to make, they’re a great way to use up leftover fresh cranberries from your holiday recipes!
In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and vegetable oil. Then, add the egg mixture into the dry ingredients just until it’s combined. Now, add the lemon juice and mix just until combined and fold in the cranberries.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin and sprinkle a little turbinado sugar on top of each muffin cup. This gives the muffins that bakery style crunch on top.
Bake the muffins for 30 minutes, or until they’re cooked through and golden brown about the edges. Allow them to cool slightly before popping them out of the muffin tin.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, roughly chopped
- Turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare muffin tins with liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda, and pinch of salt together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and vegetable oil.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Then, add the lemon juice and stir just until combined.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin, filling each liner about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin cup with turbinado sugar.
- Bake muffins for 30 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown around the edges and a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Allow the muffins to cool before removing them from the muffin tin.
The only way I can show you how good these muffins are is if you make them yourself! These cranberry-lemon muffins might just be my new favorite muffin flavor!
Did you make this Cranberry-Lemon Muffins recipe? Share your pics on Instagram using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER