These Cranberry-Orange Cookies have a soft, cake-like texture and a delicious orange flavor thanks to the addition of fresh orange juice and zest!
I have to admit that I have been going through my blog archives and rediscovering all sorts of old posts I had written from 2010-on. I actually sat down one afternoon not too long ago and wrote out a very large list of posts to remake, rewrite, and rephotograph. Chances are, some of the posts you’ll be seeing within the next coming weeks, including this one, will be republished posts!
This week’s Maker’s Mix-Up theme, ORANGE, was the perfect excuse to make these cranberry-orange cookies again! The first time I made these cookies, my husband came in from working outside in the garage and asked what I was baking. When I told him I made cranberry-orange cookies, his exact response was, “Oh my God.” After having a cookie or two myself, I could tell you that his response was valid! After making these cookies again, his initial response still stands!
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- Zest of one orange
- Juice of one orange
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup, or more, sweetened dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 350º.
- In large bowl, stir together cookie mix, orange zest, orange juice, flour, butter, and egg until soft dough forms.
- Fold in dried cranberries.
- Spoon dough onto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving room in between for cookies to spread. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Allow to cool before enjoying.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
These cookies were originally made with candied orange peel I had picked up at a local spice shop. This time, I used a squeeze of fresh orange juice and a little orange zest to really pack an orange-flavored punch.
These cookies have a soft, almost cake-like texture. They’re so easy to make since they start with a pouch of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix! Just mix the rest of the ingredients in and bake! They’re a perfect Springtime cookie for picnics and other outdoor gatherings!