The combination of salty-sweet ingredients makes these Cranberry Walnut Goat Cheese Bites a flavorful addition to the holiday table.
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
It’s hard to believe that we’re already thinking about the holiday season, but here we are! It’s Halloween and as soon as the calendar changes, we’ll be starting to plan holiday celebrations. My mom and I have been discussing menu plans for Thanksgiving for weeks now. I usually end up bringing appetizers or sides to our family gathering.
Since Thanksgiving is also the unofficial start to Christmas, I like to share dishes with a festive feel. So if you’re thinking about the Thanksgiving table and starters to nibble on, these goat cheese bites will add a delicious and colorful touch to your holiday menu.
These goat cheese bites are made with tangy-sweet dried cranberries, a combination of creamy goat cheese and cream cheese, crispy bacon, fresh parsley, and walnuts.
Once they’re rolled into tiny balls and placed on a serving dish or in mini cupcake liners (easy cleanup!), they can be drizzled with honey. Hot honey works, too, if you want to spice things up a bit.
Cranberry Walnut Goat Cheese Bites
Serve these Cranberry Walnut Goat Cheese Bites with your favorite dippers. I totally suggest OMG! Garlic Pretzels. My family has become such big fans of these pretzel nuggets. They’re perfectly seasoned and make a great pairing for this salty-sweet appetizer.
First, we need the goat cheese and cream cheese to come to room temperature. This will make it easier to mix. Add both cheeses to a large mixing bowl. Then, stir by hand or use your mixer to combine.
Next, we have to cook the bacon. Cook bacon until it’s nice and crispy. Then, remove it from the pan and allow it to drain on paper towels.
Now, we need to prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Start rolling the cheese mixture into tablespoon-sized balls and place on the baking sheet.
Add the bacon, cranberries, walnuts, and parsley to a food processor and pulse until they’re in small, coarse pieces. Pour into a shallow dish.
Roll the cheese balls in the mixture. You can either place the balls back onto the baking sheet. I put them in mini cupcake liners. That makes them easier to serve and easier to clean up!
Pop them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. When ready, drizzle them with honey and serve with OMG! Garlic Pretzels.
- 8 oz. plain goat cheese goat cheese
- 4 oz. plain cream cheese
- 3-4 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tbsps. walnuts, chopped
- 4 tbsps. fresh parsley, rinsed with leaves removed from stems
- Honey, for drizzling
- OMG! Garlic Pretzels, for serving
- Add goat cheese and cream cheese to a large mixing bowl. Allow cheeses to come to room temperature. Then, stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to a skillet and cook until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, start rolling cheese mixture into tablespoon sized balls. Place cheese balls on baking sheet.
- Add bacon, cranberries, walnuts, and parsley to a food processor. Pulse until ingredients are in small, coarse pieces. Then, place in a shallow dish.
- Roll cheese balls in cranberry walnut mixture. Then, place back on baking sheet or in mini cupcake liners.
- Once all cheese balls are made, chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with honey and serve with OMG! Garlic Pretzels.
• Recipe can be made a day ahead of time. Store in fridge until ready to serve. Then, drizzle with honey.
• Store any leftover cheese balls in an airtight container in the fridge. You can even individually wrap them in plastic wrap, if desired.
• For a holiday presentation, cheese balls can easily be arranged into a wreath formation. Add pretzels to the middle of the wreath or serve on the side.
Add an extra touch of sweetness by using Sweet & Spicy or Sweet & Salty pretzels for dipping. Don’t forget to use my code holoka20 at checkout to receive 20% off your OMG! Pretzels order. Shop for the pretzel flavors mentioned in this post and more!
Did you make this Cranberry Walnut Goat Cheese Bites recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER