This Cream Cheese Pasta Bake with Salmon is an easy weeknight meal made with garlic and herb cream cheese, tomatoes, broccoli, salmon fillets, and penne pasta.
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Christmas is only two days away! And while you’re wrapping up your holiday preparations, the last thing you want to do is stress over dinner. That’s when I break out a box of pasta and make some sort of delicious pasta bake! Pasta bakes are easy to prep, easy to cleanup, and extremely satisfying on a cold evening!
We’ve all seen that viral TikTok pasta bake made with feta and tomatoes. It’s pretty darn tasty! This pasta bake is kind of inspired by that recipe. It’s creamy, cheesy, and bursting with tomatoes. And best of all, it’s mostly made in one dish!
But I decided to switch things up using some of my Hungryroot delivery. Instead of feta, I’m using garlic and herb cream cheese. I’m also adding broccoli and salmon to the pasta. Then, I’m serving it alongside crusty bread for a simple weeknight meal.
If you’re not a fan of salmon, you can sub in shrimp or even some boneless, skinless chicken breast. But I’m always looking for new ways to make salmon. It’s become one of my favorite types of fish to eat!
Cream Cheese Pasta Bake with Salmon
This cozy and comforting pasta dish is loaded with flavor. It gets a nice protein boost from the salmon and the red and green tomatoes and broccoli give it a festive holiday touch! As much as we enjoyed the OG TikTok pasta recipe, using garlic and herb cream cheese instead of feta is where it’s at! So creamy!
The first thing we’re going to do is preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Now, we’re going to add the cream cheese to the middle of a large casserole dish. Add the broccoli, tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil around the cream cheese.
Cut the salmon into chunks and add them to the dish as well. Squeeze the lemon over the top. Then, add the Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and the cream cheese has softened.
While the salmon mixture is baking, prepare the pasta. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Then, cook the pasta according to the package. Drain and set aside.
Remove the dish from the oven and stir the cream cheese until it’s nice and smooth. Then, add the cooked pasta and stir again.
Serve the pasta bake with Parmesan cheese and a loaf of crusty bread, if desired.
- 8 oz. garlic and herb cream cheese
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 10 oz. Atlantic salmon fillets, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. penne pasta, or short cut pasta of choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the cream cheese to the middle of a casserole dish.
- Then, add the tomatoes, broccoli, garlic, salmon, and olive oil around the cream cheese.
- Pour the lemon juice over the tomato mixture. Then, sprinkle the Italian seasoning on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and the cream cheese has softened.
- While the casserole dish is in the oven, prepare the pasta. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package. Drain and set aside.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven and stir the cream cheese until it's a smooth sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta to the dish and stir again.
- Serve the pasta bake with Parmesan cheese and a loaf of crusty bread.
Use whatever short cut pasta you’d like to make this dish. If you’d like an even “saucier” sauce, add a splash of milk or cream before placing the tomato mixture in the oven.
Make this Cream Cheese Pasta Bake with Salmon recipe with Hungryroot!
Grab the ingredients to make this recipe and more with Hungryroot! Use my code LAVIDA30 at checkout to score 30% off your first two deliveries + get a freebie for life! You can choose from a free veggie, cookie dough, or pasta for the length of your subscription!
Did you make this Cream Cheese Pasta Bake with Salmon recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER