This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
This Crescent Roll Breakfast Bombs recipe is filled with eggs, bacon, and cheese to make it a perfect on-the-go breakfast for busy mornings!
Believe it or not, once upon a time, I was not a huge fan of bacon. I KNOW! I thought it was greasy and gross. Then, I met my husband. We started dating, I started staying over his house during the weekend, and he started making us breakfast. That’s when I began to enjoy America’s favorite breakfast food again! My husband knows how to cook bacon! It’s always crispy (without being burned to a crisp like I used to make it) and never flimsy or greasy.
These days, bacon has become a weekly fixture in our refrigerator. It’s a weekend must-have. During the week, I try to find creative ways to use it up like including it in warm salads and more. Recently, I’ve been getting tired of eating the same breakfast everyday. That’s when I remembered a recipe for breakfast bagel bombs that I saw circulating Facebook.
Store bought pizza dough gets filled with a scrambled egg, bacon, and cheese mix. Then, the stuffed dough balls get boiled and baked to create a bagel-like texture. They were good, but after cooking bacon, scrambling eggs, and filling the dough, I hardly needed two extra steps. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
Crescent dough seems to be another staple in our fridge lately. I love using it for both savory and sweet recipes (I’ll be sharing two other crescent dough recipes with you soon) like these Caramel Apple Crescent Rolls. This week, I filled crescent rolls with a breakfast mixture to make the easiest breakfast bombs ever!
Seriously. All you need to do is cook up a few slices of bacon, scramble some eggs, and add in some shredded cheese. Roll it up in a crescent roll, sprinkle everything seasoning on top, and bake. That’s it! Now you’ve got yourself a tasty, freezer-friendly, fast breakfast that adults and kids will love!
Want to mix up your own everything seasoning for these breakfast bombs? Head over to my Everything Popovers post to get my recipe!
- 4 strips of bacon, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package of crescent rolls
- Everything seasoning
- Preheat to 375 degrees and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large frying pan, heat bacon over medium heat, stirring to cook evenly.
- Cook until bacon is just done to your liking and remove from pan.
- Wipe pan out, leaving a little bacon grease on the bottom.
- Heat eggs over medium and scramble just until done. Stir in bacon and remove pan from heat.
- Open crescent roll package and separate each crescent roll triangle.
- Spoon the egg mixture evenly into the larger end of each crescent roll triangle. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Begin rolling up each crescent roll by tucking in the ends of the larger side, then rolling it up until you meet the other end of the roll.
- Place seam-side-down on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with everything seasoning.
- Bake breakfast bombs until golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes and serve warm.
Pro tip: Allow breakfast bombs to cool completely. Then, store in a Ziploc bag in the freezer. Thaw for a few minutes and heat in the microwave or oven for a few minutes for a quick and convenient breakfast.
Parents, I’m thinking of you with this one! School’s starting soon, if it hasn’t already, and mornings are going to be pretty hectic again. Heat two of these breakfast bombs up, give them to the kids, and send them on their way! You might even want to grab a couple to have with your morning coffee as you head out the door to work.
Whether or not you share this recipe with the kids (I don’t have kids and I’m definitely not sharing with my cereal loving husband – sorry, boo!), this recipe is sure to become your favorite to have on hand with busy mornings. Besides easy, have I mentioned that it’s a pretty cheap recipe to make, too? Winning!
PIN FOR LATER