This Dairy-Free S’mores Frappe is a delicious blended iced coffee drink made with oat milk and classic s’mores inspired ingredients like toasted marshmallow flavored syrup, chocolate syrup, and graham cracker crumbs.
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Last winter, I started an evening decaf latte ritual. But once the weather started warming up, the last thing I wanted to do was drink something warm before settling down for the evening. So I adapted and starting having afternoon decaf iced lattes instead!
Just like my hot decaf lattes, I have been experimenting with flavor combinations. My countertop coffee station is now filled with a variety of flavored syrups and coffee topper seasonings.
My latest flavored syrup purchase was a Toasted Marshmallow Skinny Syrup that I found at HomeGoods. It immediately made me want to make a s’mores flavored coffee drink! So I decided to make a Dairy-Free S’mores Frappe using extra creamy oat milk and s’mores inspired ingredients.
What’s the Difference Between a Frappe and a Frappuccino?
- Frappes are made with instant coffee instead of brewed coffee and generally always contain caffeine (however, I’m breaking the rules and using decaf).
- Frappuccinos are more like blended frozen coffee milkshakes. Frappes are more of a foamy blended coffee drink.
- Frappes usually have more of a bitter, stronger coffee flavor whereas frappuccinos are usually sweeter and don’t need to use coffee as an ingredient.
- Frappes are more popular in Europe. Frappuccinos have been trademarked by Starbucks and are common in the US.
- And if you’re watching your calorie count, frappes usually contain less calories because they have less sugar than frappuccinos.
You know how easy and delicious s’mores are to make over a fire? That’s pretty much how easy and delicious this s’mores frappe is to make!
All you really need to do is prepare your glass with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and graham cracker crumbs, blend and pour in all of the ingredients, top with mini marshmallows and enjoy!
Dairy-Free S’mores Frappe
This s’mores frappe is made with extra creamy oat milk (my favorite milk to use in coffee drinks), but you could absolutely use your favorite milk of choice.
Also, much to my surprise, most chocolate syrups and graham cracker crumbs are dairy-free! So no need to look for special products! But I would double check the labels just in case if you’re sensitive to milk ingredients.
Before we fancy up our glass, we need to make our coffee mixture. To do this, we blend prepared instant coffee, ice cubes, oat milk, and toasted marshmallow flavored syrup together until it’s smooth, but thick. You could always add a little more ice at a time if it’s not to your desired consistency.
Now that the coffee mixture is prepared, we can get fancy! Use a little of that coffee to wet the rim of the glass. Then, press the glass into some graham cracker crumbs.
But let’s not stop there! Once the glass is rimmed with graham cracker crumbs, drizzle some chocolate syrup into the glass.
Then, pour the coffee mixture into the glass and top with dairy-free whipped cream, mini marshmallows, another drizzle of chocolate syrup, a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs, and get to sipping!
- 1/2 cup prepared instant coffee (regular or decaf), cooled completely
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/4 cup extra creamy original oat milk
- 2 tbsp. Toasted Marshmallow flavored syrup
- Dairy-free whipped cream
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Chocolate syrup
- Mini marshmallows
- Add the coffee, ice, oat milk, and Toasted Marshmallow flavored syrup in a blender.
- Start blending the mixture on low. Slowly increase the speed until the coffee mixture is smooth, but thick. If necessary, add more ice.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs to a shallow dish. Then, wet the rim of the glass with coffee and dip into the graham cracker crumbs, slightly pressing down to make sure the rim of the glass is coated.
- Then, drizzle chocolate syrup inside the glass and pour in the coffee mixture.
- Top the frappe with dairy-free whipped cream, mini marshmallows, a drizzle of chocolate syrup, and a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs.
It’s almost time for those fall fire pit nights again! If you’re not a fan of adult beverages, I would totally suggest sipping on one of these frappes around the fire!
Did you make this Dairy-Free S’mores Frappe recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER