Want to take a trip to Italy without leaving your house? Make a Night in Italy Date in a Box complete with everything you need to have a romantic Italian dinner at home!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
My husband and I have always stayed in for Valentine’s Day. Each year I ask him what special dinner he wants for that evening and I plan something special for him. I try to set up a romantic table with candles and I’ve even thrown rose petals around (not fun to clean up, but they set a nice mood).
I thought back to last Valentine’s Day. My husband made it easy on me. All he wanted for Valentine’s Day dinner was spaghetti and meatballs. So I used that as inspiration for a date in a box idea: A Night in Italy. You can travel to another country without leaving the comfort of your home through your taste buds and a little ambiance!
- Pasta, such as Cavatappi, Gemelli, or Hand Nested Pappardelle
- Italian Breadsticks, or Parmesan Cheese Sticks
- Marinara Sauce
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Calabrese Salami
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- White Truffle Oil
- Organic Dried Oregano
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Pine Nuts
- Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- Red Wine
- Tiramisu Almonds
- Sparkling Prosecco Cordials
- Amaretto Supreme Coffee
- Picnic basket, or decorative box
Experience Italy right in your home by creating a delicious pasta dinner. Listen to Frank Sinatra (or make his famous Fresh Tomato Sauce) while you dine together over a candlelit table. When dinner is through, nibble on cannoli, tiramisu, or each other! No room for dessert after your fabulous Italian meal? Snuggle together to watch a romantic movie! My pick: Roman Holiday.
If Italy isn’t on your travel wish list, here are a few other dreamy destinations to inspire your next date night in:
- Enjoy crepes in France while creating a French bistro atmosphere.
- Visit the Mediterranean by lighting candles in metal lanterns and experimenting with spices.
- Make homemade sushi together and teach each other how to use chopsticks.
- Spice it up in Mexico! Decorate with beautiful, colorful paper decorations, and set up a taco bar complete with margaritas!
Date night doesn’t have to cost a fortune if you get creative. Stay in, have fun and most of all, enjoy each other’s company! Happy Valentine’s Day, lovers!
PIN FOR LATER