Throw a Dia de los Muertos party to honor loved ones who have passed on with a colorful celebration and sugar skull decorations!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Halloween is almost here and I’m a little sad that spooky season will be coming to an end soon. I love this time of year! But this weekend is Dia de los Muertos, or the Day of the Dead, so it’s not over yet! In Mexican culture, it’s a holiday that takes the sadness out of death and makes it a colorful celebration to honor loved ones who have passed away. Families make altars in their homes decorated with flowers, food, and sugar skulls. It makes life and death a party!
I love the tradition behind Dia de los Muertos. Even though the holiday features lots of skulls and skeletons, there’s nothing scary about it! We won’t be celebrating Dia de los Muertos will a full out bash, but I do have a few sugar skulls for our home. If you’re celebrating this weekend, make sure your party checklist has some of these supplies and decorations!
How to Throw a Dia De Los Muertos Party
- Sugar Skull Wine Bottle Holder
- Day of the Dead Corkscrew
- Skull Ice Cube Tray
- Fiesta Photo Booth Props
- Paper Pom Poms
- Mexican Plastic Papel Picado Banner
- Metallic Day of the Dead Dinner Plates
- Sugar Skull Wine Glasses
- Sugar Skull Inflatable Decoration
- Day of the Dead Luminary Bags
- Wine Bottle Label Stickers
- Sugar Skull Mini Pinatas
- Mexican Serape Table Runner
- Sugar Skull Hanging Decorations
- Sugar Skull Yard Stakes
Will you be throwing a Dia de los Muertos celebration this weekend? If so, make sure you incorporate some of these traditions:
- Serve traditional Mexican foods, desserts, and drinks
- Decorate with lots of color and flowers, like marigolds
- Use traditional symbols like monarch butterflies and sugar skulls
- Create a DIY sugar skull painting station
- Include lots of candles in your decor
- Grab some face paints to give your guests skull makeovers
- Send guests home with treats bags filled with sweets
PIN FOR LATER