This DIY Dog Bone Picture Frame is an easy and budget-friendly gift to make for the dog lovers and fur parents on your holiday list!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Pretty much everyone in our entire family has at least one dog. And we all treat our dogs like part of the family. A lot of times, our family gatherings also include the family dogs. So I will always try to include the family dogs when it comes to holiday gift giving.
Some years I’ll make homemade dog treats or a personalized ornament. But this year, I thought it might be fun to make DIY dog bone picture frames. Especially since we all seem to take hundreds of pictures of our pups throughout the year!
This is another budget-friendly craft that can be made with dollar store supplies (you know I love a good dollar store craft!). I bought the frames off of Amazon and got the dog biscuits at the dollar store.
Since I was only using the dog bones for crafting purposes, I wasn’t worried about grabbing any brand name treats (if your dog is curious, just make sure you keep this frame out of reach).
DIY Dog Bone Picture Frame
This DIY Dog Bone Picture Frame is a completely customizable gift. Spray paint the dog bones in any color combination you’d like. Then, attach them to a picture frame with hot glue. Print a picture of your recipient’s pooch and place it in the frame before gifting!
The first thing I did was position the dog bones around the frame just so I could see how many I needed for each frame. Then, I started spray painting the dog bones in gold and white. When the paint was dry, I sprayed a coat of clear lacquer to seal them.
Once everything was dry, I heated up my glue gun and repositioned the bones around the frame. When I was happy with how the dog bones looked, I started gluing them in place. Then, I let the glue dry before putting the frame back together.
I had some pictures printed at Walgreen’s, but if you have a really good printer you can just print them at home. Insert the picture into the frame, secure the back of the frame, and gift!
- 5″x7″ white picture frame
- Gold spray paint
- White spray paint
- Clear lacquer spray paint
- Small bone-shaped dog biscuits
- Hot glue gun + glue sticks
- 5″x7″ picture of your favorite dog
- Plan the placement of the dog bones around the frame so you have an idea of how many you’ll need for each frame you make.
- Then, spray paint the dog bones in a well-ventilated area (outside is best) and allow them to dry. Follow with a coat of clear lacquer spray paint.
- Once everything is dry, heat up the glue gun. Reposition the dog bones around the frame and glue them in place.
- Allow the glue to dry completely. Then, place a picture of your favorite dog(s) into the frame and reattach the back of the frame.
- Gift or display your new dog-themed picture frame!
If you have a Cricut machine and want to personalize this gift for someone, add their dog’s name or a cute saying to the glass with a vinyl cut-out! This is a gift that any dog lover will appreciate!
Did you make this DIY Dog Bone Picture Frame project? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidadiy. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER