This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps to support this blog.
Create this cute DIY Air Plant Terrarium for Easter complete with bunny and Easter eggs!
Hippity-hoppity, Easter’s on its way! Easter is another one of my favorite holidays to decorate for since it’s full of pretty pastels and Springtime cheer. With flowers beginning to bloom and the world coming alive again, nature can be used as Easter decor inspiration.
As I’ve shared recently, nothing makes it easier to bring plant life into your home decor like a terrarium. This time, I’m using the increasingly popular and low-maintenance air plant to create a terrarium that’s perfect for Easter and Springtime!
All you need is a glass terrarium, small stones, moss, a small air plant and some decorative accents. To turn my terrarium into Easter decor, I also placed a cute plastic bunny and some Easter eggs I made out of polymer clay inside. To give my terrarium an extra pop of color, I used light blue acrylic paint to paint the bottom half of my terrarium globe.
– glass terrarium globe
– acrylic paint
– masking tape (or painter’s tape, washi tape, etc.)
– polymer clay in 2-3 different colors
– plastic bunny
– small stones or gravel
– small air plant
1. Tape off half of your terrarium globe. Paint the bottom half in acrylic color of choice and allow to dry completely.
2. Using your polymer clay, create small Easter eggs by easily rolling them into shape with your hands. Follow baking instructions on package if using oven-bake clay.
3. Once your painted terrarium is dry, remove tape and add a small amount of gravel to the base.
4. Complete your terrarium by adding your air plant, moss, plastic bunny and clay Easter eggs. Hang or display your new terrarium!
This air plant terrarium will look adorable alongside your Spring home decor or would make a great, unique gift to give to someone on Easter!