Give your wine loving mother a personalized DIY Etched Wine Glass for Mother’s Day!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links helps to support this blog.
Today I have another easy Mother’s Day DIY idea. My mom and I share a lot of things together – mother-daughter talks, shopping trips, a love for crafts and gardening and, often when we get together, a bottle of wine (cheese, crackers and olives optional, but always welcome)! We also seem to share our proneness to being butterfingers. She’s broken glasses. I’ve broken glasses. I recently bought my mom another set of stemless wine glasses for her birthday after accidentally breaking one at her house. For Mother’s Day, I decided to make a my mom a stemless monogram wine glass, just for her!
DIY Etched Wine Glass
This was my first time using etching cream. It wasn’t only easy to use, the end result turned out great!
– Martha Stewart Etch Cream with Brush
– Stemless wine glass
– Adhesive alphabet stencil
1. Make sure the surface of your glass is thoroughly clean.
2. Position your stencil on the glass.
3. Follow the instructions on your etching cream package. If using Martha Stewart’s etching cream, apply the cream over the stencil using the brush included. Let cream sit for 15 minutes, then rinse off.
4. Wash glass again with soap and water before use.
Mom will be impressed with your crafting skills and she’ll love the personalized touch! Gift Mom’s etched wine glass with her favorite bottle of wine and a box of gourmet chocolates for a well-deserved treat!