This DIY Gourd Vibes Only Sweatshirt features a cute, minimal gourd and pumpkin design made with Cricut iron-on vinyl and the EasyPress.
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
All of my Halloween shirts got a lot of wear this season. But now, they’re put away for another year. It’s still a bit too early for me to break out my holiday shirts. So I wanted to make something I could wear between Halloween and Christmas. Something that could even work for Thanksgiving.
Since it’s still pumpkin season, I put together a “Gourd Vibes Only” design in Design Space. This minimal design features gourd and pumpkin outlines and a simple script font along the bottom. It looks adorable on a sweatshirt, but would also look super cute on a t-shirt or a tote bag!
I used a light gray sweatshirt from Amazon as my base. Then, I used some iron-on vinyl scraps I had in seasonal, fall colors like tan, gold, burgundy, and golden yellow for the gourd and pumpkin design. For the text, I kept it simple with black iron-on vinyl.
DIY Gourd Vibes Only Sweatshirt
If you’re not ready to throw on your holiday themed shirts just yet, this “Gourd Vibes Only” sweatshirt will keep you cozy while you enjoy what’s left of fall and pumpkin season! It’s easy to make with a minimal, multicolor design.
The first thing we need to do is open the “Gourd Vibes Only” design file in Design Space. If necessary, select the entire design and resize to fit your shirt. Set your machine and click “Make It.”
Prepare StandardGrip mats with each color iron-on vinyl. Then, make sure each image is mirrored and continue to cut out the design. Once each color is cut, weed the design.
Preheat the EasyPress to 315 degrees. When it’s ready, place the sweatshirt onto the EasyPress mat. Then, run the EasyPress over sweatshirt for a few seconds to preheat it.
Now, you can position the first part of the design onto the shirt – I started with the text – and iron on for 30 seconds. When the vinyl is cool to the touch, peel back the clear film and discard.
Then, continue ironing on the design, making sure to add butcher paper on top with each image you add. This will protect the vinyl that’s already been ironed on.
Now that the design is in place, I like to lay out my shirts on a flat surface overnight just to make sure it’s all good and set. After 24 hours, you can wear or wash the shirt.
- Light gray sweatshirt
- Cricut Maker
- “Gourd Vibes Only” design file
- StandardGrip Mats
- Everyday Iron-On – Black, Wine, Parchment, Gold, and Yellow
- Weeding tools
- 12″ x 10″ EasyPress
- 20″ x 16″ EasyPress Mat
- Butcher paper
- Open the design file in Design Space and resize, if necessary. Then, set your machine and click “Make It.”
- Prepare StandardGrip mats with the iron-on vinyl. Then, follow the prompts on screen to cut the design, making sure that each image is mirrored.
- Weed each image and preheat the EasyPress to 315 degrees.
- Place the sweatshirt onto the EasyPress mat. Once the EasyPress is heated, run it over the sweatshirt for a few seconds to preheat the shirt.
- Then, begin to position the first part of the design onto the shirt. When the design is cool, peel back the clear film.
- Continue with the rest of the design, making sure to place butcher paper over the entire design to protect the vinyl that’s already been ironed on.
- Let the shirt set on a flat surface for 24 hours. Then, wash or wear the sweatshirt.
I love a cute and comfy oversized sweatshirt when it’s cold outside! You’ll find me wearing this one as much as I can while it’s still pumpkin season!
Did you make this DIY Gourd Vibes Only Sweatshirt? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidadiy. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER