Create classic and chic looking marble coasters using tiles and contact paper with this easy DIY Marble Coaster project!
I love when a DIY comes out of necessity and want for something new in the home. Our coasters needed a serious upgrade. The cork that sat inside a round, plastic circle was starting to lift from years of glasses, mugs, bottles, and cans being set into it. So I recently decided to order some craft supplies and make a new set for our home.
Marble is such a classic look and marble DIY’s are so hot right now! Like many other coaster projects, this one starts with a white tile base. I added small, cork rounds to each corner of the tiles to make sure they wouldn’t scratch any surfaces. I measured a tile against marble contact paper. I used my paper cutter to cut out four squares of contact paper. Then, I peeled back one end of the contact paper and carefully applied it to the tile. This is a stylish update to hold your drinks.
- 4″ ceramic tiles
- Marble contact paper
- Diamond glaze
- .75″ cork rounds
- Cut your contact paper to size using a craft knife or scissors.
- Peel the backing off of the contact paper and carefully stick onto the glossy surface of the tile.
- If air bubbles appear, you can peel the paper off (it’s easy to un-stick and re-stick) and try again. Use a credit card to smooth out the air bubbles or pop them with a small pin.
- Add cork rounds to the bottom of your coasters to make sure they don’t scratch any surfaces.
- Use the Diamond Glaze to add a glass-like finish to your coasters. Allow to dry completely before use.