This DIY Round Vinyl Mousepad is a chic and easy update for your computer desk made with a cork bottom and vinyl top.
If you’re like me, you probably haven’t given your mousepad much thought. That was until our office got an update. I wanted to reorganize and redesign everything, including our mousepad! So during my last visit to the craft store, I picked up a sheet of cork and a remnant of vinyl to make a simple, chic round mousepad for our computer desk.
Craft cork only costs a few dollars. If your craft store sells remnants of fabric, I would suggest checking those bins for vinyl or leather. It will save you a few bucks. A small roll of creamy white vinyl was $4.99 and I had a lot left over to use for other projects!
– Craft cork
– Vinyl or leather
– A good pair of craft scissors
– Marker or pen
– Large plastic bowl
1. Using your bowl, trace a circle on the backside of your vinyl as well as your cork. Cut out circles.
2. Apply E6000 glue generously on the backside of your vinyl piece and match up to your cork circle.
3. Press down firmly, then flip mousepad over so vinyl side is facing down. Allow to dry.
4. Flip mousepad over when completely dry. Trim and secure edges with glue as needed.
5. Enjoy your new, chic looking mousepad!
This quick update will make your computer desk look pretty fancy!