This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
This Easter Peeps Skillet Cookie recipe is sure to sweeten your Easter or springtime gathering!
I didn’t do a lot of baking around Christmastime. However, spring has inspired my sweet tooth to get baking again. Go figure. It’s getting warmer so now I want to turn on the oven! My sweet tooth is out in full force lately! I had made a chocolate chip skillet cookie for the first time last year for my husband (since he’s the big sweet tooth in the house). Little did I know that I would fall in love with the recipe, as well!
With Easter coming up and quite the stash of Peeps on hand, I decided to make an Easter inspired skillet cookie. I must admit that the skillet cookie you see before you isn’t the first one I made. A few weekends ago, I had made another one to experiment with the recipe. I made a few tweaks to the recipe and the end result has been absolutely delicious!
A few things about this cookie:
In the original recipe, I made this cookie with pecans and cinnamon. I left those out of this recipe so those flavors wouldn’t clash with the marshmallows. The sprinkles and the Peeps make this cookie sweet enough without being overwhelmingly sweet.
I also added the Peeps at the very last moment. The first time I made this Easter skillet cookie, I left the Peeps on the entire time. If you want a gooier cookie, go ahead and pop them on top at the start of baking. They’ll melt down into the cookie and you’ll have a roasted layer of marshmallow on top. Not a bad thing. I just wanted the Peeps to have a more prominent appearance on my cookie.
This cookie was made in a 10-inch cast iron skillet. I highly recommend using a pre-seasoned cast iron skillet for this recipe. Everything cooks better and tastes better in a cast iron skillet!
- Vegetable shortening, for greasing
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 package Peeps rabbits
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a cast iron skillet with vegetable shortening.
- In a large bowl, add softened butter and sugars. Beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla to the sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually beat in dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles.
- Press cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until edges of the cookie are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Then, add Peeps to the outer rim of the cookie. Place back in the oven for 5 more minutes or until Peeps start to expand and get toasty.
- Allow cookie to cool completely before serving.
Once Easter passes and Peeps go into hiding for another year, this cookie will still be delicious on its own! I’m a sucker for a soft and chewy cookie, so this skillet cookie is absolute perfection! It’s not only the perfect soft and chewy texture, but the chocolate chips stay nice and melted, too.
Easily cut between every Peep or every other Peep to serve this cookie in wedges. This Easter Peeps Skillet Cookie is sure to sweeten your Easter or springtime gathering! Kids and adults alike will love the playful nature of this delicious over-sized Easter cookie!
PIN FOR LATER