These Easy Mummy Sugar Cookies are a festive Halloween treat made with premade cookie dough, eyeball sprinkles, sliced almonds, and white candy melts.
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Well…it’s a wrap! As in we’re wrapping up the Halloween season today and also wrapping up cookies in white candy melts to make them look like mummies! These cookies start with premade sugar cookie dough. You could pretty much use any cookie base for these, but sugar cookie dough gives us a nice, blank slate.
After baking the sugar cookies, they’re decorated with eyeball sprinkles and sliced almonds. I had leftover candy bloodshot eyes from the Halloween Eyeball Hot Cocoa Bombs I recently made. They give the cookies that perfect “undead” look. The sliced almonds look like dingy, old looking teeth peeking out from underneath white candy melt “bandages.”
Once they’re done, these Halloween cookies make an impressive looking treat or dessert. And they’re so simple to make, too! Just bake, decorate, and
devour enjoy! They might look like creepy, monstrous mummies, but after one bite you’ll see that they’re seriously sweet and so delicious!
Easy Mummy Sugar Cookies
If you’re looking to serve your little ghouls and goblins one last Halloween treat, whip up a batch of these mummy sugar cookies. If nut allergies are an issue, omit the almonds and give the cookies an extra layer of candy melt bandages instead.
Start the cookies by lining a couple baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide the premade cookie dough between the pans and bake as directed.
While the cookies are still warm, carefully press the eyeball sprinkles and sliced almonds into the cookies. Allow the cookies to cool completely.
Melt the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl in 30 minute intervals. Once melted, allow the candy melts to cool to a warm temperature. Then, spoon the melts into a sandwich baggie and make a small cut in a corner of the bag.
Drizzle the candy melts over the cookies to create a “bandaged” look. Make sure not to cover the eyes or teeth completely.
Allow the candy melts to set. Then, serve or store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- 1 - 16 oz. package sugar cookie dough
- Candy eyeball sprinkles
- Sliced almonds
- 1 - 12 oz. package white candy melts
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven according to cookie dough package instructions.
- Place cookie dough onto trays and bake according to package.
- Remove from oven and while still warm, press eyeball sprinkles and sliced almonds into the cookies to create the mummy face. Allow cookies to cool.
- Melt candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Allow melts to cool to a warm temperature. Then, spoon into a sandwich bag and make a small cut in the tip.
- Drizzle the candy melts over the cookies to create a bandaged mummy look.
- Allow candy melts to set. Then, serve or store in an airtight container at room temperature.
These cookies are such a sweet way to wrap up your spooky season celebrations. Their creepy-cute look will be a hit during your Halloween party, movie night, or snuck into a lunchbox.
Did you make this Easy Mummy Sugar Cookies recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER