This Easy One Pan Seafood and Chicken Paella is a quick and delicious weeknight dinner made with shrimp, scallops, pulled chicken, and other ingredients from Hungryroot!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
It’s officially winter. A time when I usually get really excited to make warm casseroles and soups for dinner. But I’ve already had my fill of the same soups, pasta bakes, and classic comfort foods thanks to those chilly fall days. My taste buds are craving something completely different. So lately I’ve been trying to freshen up our weekly menu and make some new recipes for dinner.
As someone who likes to blog about food (obviously!), I’m always looking for new and interesting recipes to share. Especially when they’re easy weeknight meals that don’t take too long to make! I have a lot of fun experimenting with ingredients in my kitchen, so recently I experimented with some of our Hungryroot groceries and made a quick one pan paella dish.
Traditional paella is typically made with chicken, chorizo, shrimp, and mussels. But a medley of meats, seafood, and vegetables can be used. For my one pan, Hungryroot style paella, I used shrimp, bay scallops, seasoned pulled chicken, peas, peppers, onions, rice, and seasonings.
Easy One Pan Seafood and Chicken Paella
All of the meats and veggies from Hungryroot came prepped and ready to cook. In fact, the pulled chicken is fully cooked and just needs to be heated up before serving. In under 30 minutes, I made a flavorful paella that definitely satisfied my craving for something different!
To start this paella, we need to cook our seafood first. So heat some olive oil in a large pan and add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on both sides, until it’s pink and opaque. Then, remove it from the pan and set aside.
Wipe out the skillet and pat the scallops dry with a paper towel. Add more olive oil, if necessary, and cook for 2-3 minutes on both sides until opaque and golden brown on the outside. Remove from pan.
Now, we’re going to wipe out the pan again and add the Right Rice. Cook it according to the package. Once it’s just about done cooking, we can add some more olive oil, the paprika, garlic, peppers, and onions.
Add the peas, shrimp, scallops, and chicken into the pan. Season everything with salt and pepper and stir.
Once the paella is completely warmed through, serve it immediately with a sprinkle of fresh parsley on top, and fresh lemon slices and hot sauce on the side.
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 package Seasoned Pulled Chicken
- 8 oz. Wild Caught Gulf Shrimp
- 10 oz. Peruvian Bay Scallops
- 1 package Right Rice Original Vegetable Rice
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 small bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup English Garden Peas
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: chopped fresh parsley, lemon slices, hot sauce
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook 2-3 minutes on both sides until pink and opaque. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan. Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel.
- Add them to the pan and cook 2-3 minutes on both sides until opaque and golden brown on the outside. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan. Add the Right Rice to the pan and cook according to package.
- Once rice is almost finished cooking, add the other tablespoon of olive oil, plus the paprika, garlic, peppers, and onions.
- Stir in the peas, shrimp, scallops, and pulled chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking until paella is completely warmed through. Then, serve immediately with fresh parsley on top, and lemon slices and hot sauce on the side, if desired.
Christmas week is busy! But if you’re looking for a quick dish to make for dinner, this one pan seafood and chicken paella will definitely hit the spot!
Make this Easy One Pan Seafood and Chicken Paella recipe with Hungryroot!
Grab the ingredients to make this recipe and more with Hungryroot! Use my code LAVIDA30 at checkout to score 30% off your first two deliveries + get a freebie for life! You can choose from a free veggie, cookie dough, or pasta for the length of your subscription!
Did you make this Easy One Pan Seafood and Chicken Paella recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER