The best way to say “you’ve got a pizza my heart” on Valentine’s Day is with these Easy Pepperoni Pizza Roses! They’re made with crescent dough, pizza sauce, mozzarella, and pepperoni slices.
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Pizza is a love language in our family. It’s the way we connect. And it all started with our father – the head honcho of pizza making in our family. He’s been doing it for over 40 years now! And now, so many years later, our entire family has become home pizza chefs. But while the rest of the fam tends to stick with traditional pies (NY, Sicilian, Detroit, etc.), I’m known to get creative every now and then.
Like these pizza roses. They’re kind of like a cross between my mom’s pepperoni bread, pizza, and a savory and delicious Valentine’s Day treat. I mean, who doesn’t love to receive a bouquet of roses? Especially when they’re pizza! So when I saw a video for these pop up in my Facebook feed, I knew I had to try making them.
While these pizza roses would make an adorable Valentine’s Day appetizer or side dish, what I really love about them is that they’re super easy to make! All you need is crescent dough, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni slices. Then, it all gets rolled up into an adorable rose and baked in a muffin pan.
Easy Pepperoni Pizza Roses
If you’re looking for an easy Valentine’s Day dish to make, these Easy Pepperoni Pizza Roses look adorable and taste delicious! They come together easily and get baked in a muffin pan for a simple and savory Valentine’s Day treat.
The first thing we need to do is unroll the crescent dough sheet and cut it into 6 strips. Once that’s done, we can lightly spread some pizza sauce on top.
Follow by sprinkling mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper on top of the sauce.
Then, layer the pepperoni slices on top. Make sure that each pepperoni slice is slightly overlapping and sticks out of the top of the dough. That will give these their rose appearance.
All that’s left to do is roll them up and stick them in a muffin pan prepared with non-stick spray.
Then, bake the pizza roses in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until they’re golden brown.
If desired, serve the roses on a plate with fresh basil leaves to really give them a rose-like appearance. Then, serve with extra warmed up pizza sauce or even some hot honey.
- 1 - 8 oz. crescent dough sheet
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 oz. sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 tsp. fresh basil, chopped small
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Serving options: extra pizza sauce, warmed, or hot honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Unroll the crescent dough sheet and cut into 1" wide strips.
- Spread a light layer of pizza sauce onto each strip of dough.
- Follow by sprinkling with cheese, fresh basil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Then, layer the pepperoni slices on top, overlapping each slice and positioning the pepperoni so the top halves stick out of the dough.
- Take an end of the dough and begin rolling it up into a tight roll.
- Place the rolled dough into the muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly. Then, remove from the pan and serve warm with extra pizza sauce or hot honey, if desired.
If you have extra pizza roses or you’re not going to eat these right away, you can freeze them! Just allow them to cool completely. Then place them in large freezer bags and freeze. When you’re ready to eat them, take the desired amount out of the freezer bag, thaw, and reheat.
Did you make this Easy Pepperoni Pizza Roses recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER