All you need to make these Easy Pumpkin Pie Sugar Cookie Cups is sugar cookie mix and pumpkin pie filling! They’re the cutest little dessert for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Pumpkin pie seems to be the most popular dessert choice for Thanksgiving. But if you’re anything like our family, it won’t be the only dessert option on the table! Apple pie seems to be favored over pumpkin pie in our family. So I thought I’d put a spin on pumpkin pie for those of us who still want to enjoy it.
With my holiday baking starting in just about a week, I’ve been stocking up on ingredients including packages of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix. I use the mix for a base in a lot of cookie recipes. For Thanksgiving, I decided to turn a package of sugar cookie mix into the easiest pumpkin pie sugar cookie cups.
All you need to make these cookies is a can of pumpkin pie filling and a package of sugar cookie mix (with 1 stick of butter and 1 egg). That’s it! Of course, you could go the homemade route, but it’s Thanksgiving! The easier we can make our holiday prep, the better!
Easy Pumpkin Pie Sugar Cookie Cups
Grab a mini muffin pan to make these cookie cups. Then, we’re going to mix up the sugar cookie mix and press it into the pan. Spoon some pumpkin pie filling into the center of each cookie and bake. Once the cookies are cool, you can top them with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.
The first thing we’ve got to do is preheat the oven to 350 degrees and generously grease our mini muffin pan. Then, whip up the sugar cookie mix. In a mixing bowl, add the cookie mix, a softened stick of butter, and an egg. Stir everything together until a dough forms.
Spoon the cookie dough into the mini muffin pan, pressing it into place and slightly up the sides.
Now, we’re going to spoon a little of the pumpkin pie filling into the center of each cookie cup. You’ll probably use about a tablespoon of filling for each cookie.
If you have leftover filling, you can spoon it into a freezer bag, press out the air, and store it in the freezer.
Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes, or until they start to brown around the edges. While the cookies cool, you can run a knife around the edges of the cookies to help loosen them. After about 10 minutes, you can transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Once cool, serve the cookies with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice on top, if desired.
- 1 package of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 15 oz. can pumpkin pie filling (not puree)
- Whipped cream
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously grease a mini muffin pan.
- Prepare the sugar cookie mix according to package.
- Press the sugar cookie dough into each space, pressing it slightly up the sides.
- Spoon a little of the pumpkin pie filling into the center of each cookie.
- Bake the cookies 18-20 minutes, or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Place pan on wire rack and press a Rolo into the middle of each cookie cup.
- Let cookies cool completely before removing them from the pan.
- To easily remove the cookies, take a spoon and loosen cookie around the edges. Then, the cookie should pop right out.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve. Then, serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
If you’re planning to make these cookies ahead of time, store them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. Then, add your toppings and enjoy these mini pumpkin pie cookies!
Did you make this Easy Pumpkin Pie Sugar Cookie Cups recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER