Enjoy every cozy and warm bite of this Easy Pumpkin Spice French Toast Bake made with refrigerated biscuits and a pumpkin spice egg mixture!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Over the summer, I found a recipe for an Easy French Toast Bake posted by Tasty on Facebook. It was already way too hot to even think about turning on the oven or eating a heavier sort of breakfast like a French toast bake.
So I made a mental note to try the recipe when the weather cooled off. Then, I made an actual note on the recipe I printed to turn it into a pumpkin spice French toast bake and here we are! Finally enjoying a cozy, pumpkin spice flavored French toast bake. A perfect breakfast for fall mornings!
What I love about this recipe – and not just the cozy warmth of every delicious bite – is the fact that it really is easy! All you need is a tube of refrigerated biscuits, milk, eggs, pumpkin puree, cream cheese, and pumpkin pie spice! Once the biscuits are cut and the egg mixture is ready, it all gets baked up in a casserole dish.
Easy Pumpkin Spice French Toast Bake
If your fall mornings start with a pumpkin flavored breakfast, you’ll love this Easy Pumpkin Spice French Toast Bake! Serve it warm with a drizzle of maple syrup on top, or dress it up with a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a dollop of whipped cream!
The first thing we need to do is preheat our oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Then, pop open the tube of biscuits (my least favorite step) and cut each biscuit into 8 pieces.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and pinch of salt together.
Then, in another bowl, mix the pumpkin puree and powdered sugar together. Gradually whisk the egg mixture into the pumpkin mixture until combined.
Now, add the cut biscuit pieces and chopped pecans into the mixture and slowly stir to coat. Once everything is combined, pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
Bake the French toast bake for 35-45 minutes until golden brown and set.
Serve the French toast bake with powdered sugar, maple syrup, and/or a dollop of whipped cream on top. I totally suggest using either a maple or pumpkin spice whipped cream to top this!
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuits
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Optional: powdered sugar, maple syrup, whipped cream, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and pinch of salt together.
- In another mixing bowl, mix the pumpkin puree and powdered sugar together.
- Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the pumpkin mixture until combined.
- Then, add the cut biscuit pieces and chopped pecans into the mixture and gently stir to coat and combine.
- Once combined, pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until set and golden brown.
- Serve with powdered sugar, maple syrup, and/or a dollop of whipped cream on top.
This recipe is perfect for cozy fall weekends. I even like to make it at the beginning of the week and reheat it for breakfast all week long! Just cut out your portion and zap it in the microwave for a minute or two. Don’t forget to add the powdered sugar, syrup, or whipped cream on top!
Did you make this Easy Pumpkin Spice French Toast Bake recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER