It only takes a pork loin, root beer, and barbecue sauce to make this easy and flavorful slow cooker pulled pork recipe!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
My brother made pulled pork for Father’s Day. I asked him for the recipe and couldn’t believe how easy it was! I gave it a try yesterday and was really impressed that something so tasty was made with only three ingredients and a slow cooker. It made a lot of pulled pork. So I had my sisters over for leftovers for lunch today, which were just as delicious!
Easy Three Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Loin
This pulled pork is incredibly easy to make! You can absolutely skip the first step of searing your pork loin, but it’s worth the extra effort. After about eight hours of slow cooking, you’ll end up with a delicious, flavorful, and tender pulled pork!
Before throwing my pork loin into the slow cooker, I like to season it with salt and pepper and sear it in about a tablespoon of olive oil. This seals in the juices until it’s time to shred the pork and also adds another level of flavor. Lightly brown the pork loin until it’s golden on all sides. Then, it’s time for the slow cooker!
Once the pork loin is in the slow cooker, pour in a cup and a half of root beer. This acts like a tenderizer, making it easy to shred up the pork loin. Plus, it adds flavor!
After two hours cooking on low, you should be able to start shredding the pork apart with a couple of forks or meat claws. Continue slow cooking for 4-5 hours.
After 4-5 hours, pour in a full bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce. Give everything a good stir. You should be able to shred the pork into smaller pieces at this point, if desired. Let the pork slow cook for another hour. The longer you cook the pork loin, the richer it will get in color and the more flavor you’ll get from the sauce.
When the pork is done slow cooking, load up your burger bun with a tasty helping and enjoy with extra barbecue sauce and a side of pickles (or these Better for You Un-Fried Pickles)!
- 1 - 1 1/2-2 lb. pork tenderloin
- 1 1/2 cups root beer
- 1 - 18 oz. bottle barbecue sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- If searing the pork loin beforehand, add olive oil to a large pan and heat on medium-high heat.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- Sear the pork on all sides until golden brown. Remove from pan and place in the slow cooker.
- Pour root beer over the pork and set the slow cooker on low heat.
- After 4-5 hours, check on the pork. If pork pulls apart easily, begin to shred it apart (this will save you time in the end).
- After 2 hours, add the bottle of barbecue sauce and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Shred the pork into smaller pieces, if desired, and continue slow cooking for another hour.
- Serve pulled pork on hamburger buns with extra barbecue sauce.
This recipe will make about eight sandwiches on regular burger buns. So it’s a good dish to make for a crowd! If you really want to make this a party dish, serve it on slider buns for an easy appetizer!
Did you make this Easy Three Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Loin recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER